3 beeps after missed call even when ringer is off?
cncb2

I have discovered what seems to be a pretty obvious defect for the Lumia 822.  If I don't answer a call and have the ringer off I still get 3 audible beeps from the phone after the caller ends the call.  This defeats the purpose of silencing the ringer and I hope this can be fixed soon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3 beeps after missed call even when ringer is off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cncb2,

I know that when I set my device to silent mode, I want everything to be quiet on it. Let's see what we can do to make sure your phone works the same way. Can you confirm only the missed call alert still rings? Do you get text messages or calendar reminders that stay quiet? Please go to Settings -> Ringtones Sounds -> and verify which boxes have "Play a sound for" checked. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gt1918

I have this same problem, too. I've managed to silence every sound (no text or voicemail or calendar alerts, and the ringer is off), but it still gives those 3 beeps immediately after a missed call. The only boxes that are checked are: "Play a sound for: key press, lock and unlock, and camera shutter." Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
cncb2

It is  only the missed call indicator that is not silent for me too (text and calendar are silent as expected).  I have all the "Play a sound for" options unchecked in the settings and still get the 3 beeps after a missed call.

0 Likes
ed69

Have you tried putting the phone in Airplane mode?

0 Likes
Dan900
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. All tones are turned off and volume is 0. Based on other posts this may just be an issue with verizon. Posts I seen on this are below.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/206649-2.htm

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/204608-lumia-822-missed-call-tones.html

joshtatum24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I'm waiting for a real response that works!

ed69: Putting the phone in airplane mode means you get no indication of a call coming in if you set the phone to vibrate, and based on my test you don't even get a record of the missed call on the phone. In other words, it isn't really a workaround (there shouldn't have to be a workaround for this very basic feature).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We heard you all. This issue has been lifted up to our software development team & Nokia.
A fix for the issue is under review and will be included in the next Software Update  for this device. The tentative release date is under review.
Keep up with software update information news http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cncb2

4 months later and you still haven't fixed this fundamental problem that never should have gotten through basic testing??  I guess next time I will have to go with a different carrier that has at least some form of QA and customer service.

0 Likes
brookeanne07

i noticed that right away too, and i guess i just have been putting it on silence, and volume down all the way, but that just seems like a real big hassle. I would like to know the fix for the 3 buzz alert too.

0 Likes