928 MMS messages
johnsonkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just "upgraded" from the iPhone 4 to the Nokia 928.

I cannot send or receive MMS (pics or video). Are there settings that are supposed to be set up in order to receive MMS? I read elsewhere about the internet apn and mms apn?

Seriously considering returning this phone and possibly changing providers.

FRUSTRATED!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 928 MMS messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you turn off iMessages on the iPhone before deactivating it? Did you disassociate your phone number from the Apple ID?

Is the cellular data connection turned on and active? Wifi off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you turn off iMessages on the iPhone before deactivating it? Did you disassociate your phone number from the Apple ID?

Is the cellular data connection turned on and active? Wifi off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
johnsonkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not turn off iMessages before deactivating it. Smiley Sad

I did disassociate the phone number from the Apple ID?

I reset the iPhone completely.

I just now turned wifi off, and I did powered off and on.

Shouldn't I be able to receive MMS with wifi on?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

johnsonkar wrote:

Shouldn't I be able to receive MMS with wifi on?

No, MMS requires a cellular network connection to send/receive, they won't send/receive over wi-fi.  They count against your text plan, though, not your data plan.

johnsonkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your assistance.

I have turned off WIFI, and powered off/on the phone...still to no avail...

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello johnsoaker,

Congrats on upgrading to the Nokia 928. It's an awesome Windows device that I'm sure that you will love. Let's get your MMS service working. Are you able to browse the web without the use of wifi? Also, can I assume that you are using the default messaging app on the device? If so then please send me a private message so we can investigate this further for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
megganann

I'm having the same exact problem.  Tried turning WiFi off too.  I wonder if it is a faulty SIM card? Very frustrated because I love the device.

0 Likes
hollyjill

I just got my phone from the verizon store and had it set up there yesterday.  I have the same problem - i can send regular plain texts (SMS) just fine but i cannot send a text with a pic (an MMS) - i get the error 132: "We're having trouble sending your message.  The phone number isn't valid.  MMS error 132"  but the phone numbers are definitely valid because SMS and phone calls go through just fine.  I get the same error whether on Wifi or LTE connection.  : (  helpppppp. 

0 Likes
hollyjill

heyyyyyyy it's holly again - i was having the exact same problem (see my other post) but it is fixed now!!  suddenly!  all i noticed that is different from when it was not working (and i didn't do anything) is that the My Phone Number section was just all zeros - like (000) 000-0000 - before when it was not working.  Now my true phone number is in this field, and MMS with pics is working perfectly!  I'm not sure if this was an update by Verizon or something because i hadn't called them and it wouldn't let me enter my phone number when i had tried before, but i am positive this had something to do with it - especially since my error message said "invalid phone number."  cool!  Hope yours will be fixed soon too.  try again now just in case it was some kind of network/phone update!  crossing my fingers for you!

0 Likes