AT&T Announce THREE new Windows Phones
mooreshelby
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T Announced THREE new Windows Phone's today. 

Plans to Introduce Three New 4G Windows Phones

Verizon take note! Super AMOLED screens, 4G, and a choices of devices!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AT&T Announce THREE new Windows Phones
primortal
Master - Level 1

Granted these are GSM devices and won't work on VZW network.  Hopefully HTC announcement next week will have some CDMA devices.

Being AT&T announced they are carriering new devices, Sprint is normally next to announce WP7 phones with VZW always last to announce.

I don't know what the thought process to keep a tight lip on phone announcements.  You would figure if you announce your new phone line-up as-soon-as you can it would keep existing customers or lure new customers....

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

I agree that Verizon needs to take note, and get on the WP7 bandwagon, or I am going to be one unhappy customer.

Would love to at least see a choice on Verizon just like ATT. 

Some sites have reported that the Samsung Omnia 7 refresh in the link below has CDMA in it, but no idea if it's Verizon or Sprint:

http://www.wpcentral.com/samsung-s-omnia-7-refresh-sgh-i708-sails-through-fcc-ff-camera

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-SGH-i708-hits-the-FCC-a-WP-Mango-remake-of-the-Omnia-7_id2195...

The specs on it aren't full detailed, but if they left in the same processor, camera, and storage as the orignally Samsung Omnia 7, it will be a dissapointment as a Mango device.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Agreed with all.  Verizon has been negligent in their treatment of Windows Phone. 

Just a note - just because a phone is GSM doesn't mean that it can't be made to work on CDMA networks.  If Verizon or Sprint were to express interest in a certain phone, OEMS could build it as CDMA.  Trophy and Arrive are prime examples of phones that were released to the world as GSM, but came to America as CDMS (actually, as world phones having both CDMA and GSM radios in the US versions).  All it takes is for the carrier to say, "Hey, we want that phone, too!"

Personally, I will wait to see what Nokia brings to Verizon, and use my Trophy until then, but in the mean time, I will look forward to seeing other WP devices come to VZW.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

these threads always seem to pop up

same reason basic phones don't have much selection, the demand is very very very low

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

The demand is there, but Verizon hasn't gotten a phone thats worth buying.  I know there are some Trophy fans out there, but the best current WP7 on the market is the Samsung Focus, and the Trophy doesn't even compare to that phone.  Verizon's current offering is sucky, why would there be demand for that?

The software however is great, and Mango is a really awesome update.  Just need better hardware, and the demand will grow.  Or ATT's customer base will at least grow by one when I switch because Verizon is slacking.

0 Likes
sm4astan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been waiting to upgrade to a Window Phone for months, but Verizon has not offered anything I want.  I know lots of people like the Tropy, but I've compared it to the Samsung Focus and that phone blows the Trophy away.

If Verizon doesn't come out with some quality devices for the Fall, and they need to announce something soon, I'm pulling my line and taking it to AT&T.  I loved the Focus when I went to look at it, and the Focus S sounds right up my alley.

I'm off contract now, so nothing holding me from switching.  My wife and kids can stay with Verizon if they want, but if Verizon continues to snub it's nose at Windows, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

No threats, just being honest.  They've had over a year to get behind the OS.

0 Likes
Trippin

@elitistjerk - don't blame WP7 enthusiasts for being discerning.  We do more than buy what Steve Jobs or DroidLifers tell us is cool...

I also have been waiting for VZW to bring a larger screen phone with WP7 to the mix.  But, AT&T obviously wants my money more than Verizon since they are bringing compelling devices with 4G to their network while Verizon sits on the sidelines.

0 Likes
samenn

The HTC Titan will be the next phone that I own.  Whether or not my contract remains with Verizon is up to them, but if they don't say something soonish I can't see me staying

0 Likes