Adding text messaging to basic plan
PeoriaJean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to add messaging to my basic phone plan.  1000 messages monthly will be more than sufficient.  Per Verizon's website, the cost is $10.00 per month. I realize there are taxes and fees. and that I would have to pay 2 months' of chat up front if I want it to be effective now, early in my monthly cycle,  but I was stunned to see that my monthly bill would go from roughly $45 per month to over $80 per month. (I have 450 minutes at a corporate rate - I never use that many.)

The 800# for customer service does not have an option for me to talk to someone about this, and the chat agents are not available - all busy, with no apparent queuing capacity.

Can someone explain this to me, or tell me the secret methods for talking to a live Verizon person without standing in line at a store?  I am hoping that someone from Verizon actually reads these messages.  I work for a Fortune 500 company and I know that we monitor our discussion forums.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding text messaging to basic plan
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may be that the on-line system is trying to force you into a Share Everything plan.  Try calling Customer Service and when you get the phone tree, dial 4 and then say Agent.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may be that the on-line system is trying to force you into a Share Everything plan.  Try calling Customer Service and when you get the phone tree, dial 4 and then say Agent.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

0 Likes
PeoriaJean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes
PeoriaJean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks – it worked! Apparently the online system was trying to upgrade my plan.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good deal. 

0 Likes