Adobe flash player
NotAnDroidRazerMaxxxH

With th Windows 8 phone will it come with or will i b able 2 downlord adobe flash player an will b able 2 use it ????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Adobe flash player
Not applicable

I can't say for sure but IE 10 "metro" on the PC has a very limited usage of it. Only on "approved" sites. IE 10 on the XBOX 360 doesn't have it at all. So my guess would be no Windows 8 phones won't come with flash. You can get flash for Android over at the adobe site still but I'm not sure that will work for Windows phones.

0 Likes
NotAnDroidRazerMaxxxH

Why i am asking is that i have th Droid Razr Maxx HD .

There is no Adobe Flash Player that will work with it .

I am just looking 4 an phone that i can use Adobe Flash player on it . I need 2 use it 4 my radio stations ( I am an Florida fan living n Alabama an can't get anything on my Gators ! I found a couple of radio stations i can get th games on but have 2 have  Adobe Flash Player )

Thanks 4 UR Help .

Buster

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe those websites need to update their streaming player to the new standard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ChristoSays
Enthusiast - Level 2

To the best of my knowledge, Windows Phone 8 will not have Adobe Flash.  As it uses the same overall core as Windows 8, I would imagine it would be possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have to assume that as having Flash support has not been mentioned, at least anywhere that I've seen, it will not be supported by WP8.  I would imagine that Microsoft would announce that as a potential feature if they were going to include it, but who knows.

Not applicable

NotAnDroidRazerMaxxxHDFan wrote:

Why i am asking is that i have th Droid Razr Maxx HD .

There is no Adobe Flash Player that will work with it .

I am just looking 4 an phone that i can use Adobe Flash player on it . I need 2 use it 4 my radio stations ( I am an Florida fan living n Alabama an can't get anything on my Gators ! I found a couple of radio stations i can get th games on but have 2 have  Adobe Flash Player )

Thanks 4 UR Help .

Buster

Have you tried installing the latest flash for android on the Razr Maxx HD??

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

Maybe those websites need to update their streaming player to the new standard.

Nice in theory but there are tons of site that will continue to be flash only for YEARS. Which is why it's dumb to abandon it. Another reason why I dislike Steve Jobs. maybe in 5 years it might be the right time to move on from flash but it WAY too early now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The standard needs to die. Adobe already sees it. People are just afraid of changes and by installing plugins increases the risks of intrusions. So far in all hacking events the most used methods have been use of plugins as a form of entry.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Flash needed to be gone 5 years ago FYI.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

The standard needs to die. Adobe already sees it. People are just afraid of changes and by installing plugins increases the risks of intrusions. So far in all hacking events the most used methods have been use of plugins as a form of entry.

Adobe only "sees" it because Apple forced their hand. Fact is HTML 5 is is not standard a very small % of sites use it. Flash is use in FAR more sites. An at the end of the day doesn't matter if flash needs to die and if sites SHOULD be using HTML 5 the fact is they don't. And if I'm paying hundreds of $$$ for a device that connects to the internet it better darn well allow me to actually use the internet.

Here's an example. Go to ESPN and try watching a video. You need flash. Now ESPN is not some small site that no one goes to. It's major site. Same thing with NFL.com. In fact I bet more than half of the top 100 most visited sites don't have ANY HTML 5 capability.

0 Likes