After installing the 8.1 update... I not longer have the camera or access to any of my photos. What happened?
Aiden614

Just like I noticed another person had an issue with, after updating my phone, which took a full day, I not longer have the camera or photos. I have tried turning off n turning back on my phone and that doesn't do anything. My fiancé has the same phone and his update with smoothly in about 2 hours and has his camera and everything still there. With his update going perfectly I figured mine would to and didn't save my photos to my Skydrive. I have a 6 month old son and all my photos of him since birth are gone. Is there any way to get the camera and photos back on there.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After installing the 8.1 update...  I not longer have the camera or access to any of my photos. What happened?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Aiden614!

I'm sorry for any issues with your update! Let's take a closer look into this OK? Do you mean that your camera icon is gone altogether? Is the Gallery icon gone as well, or is it there, but just empty? Do you have an SD card in your device?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: After installing the 8.1 update... I not longer have the camera or access to any of my photos. What happened?
Aiden614

My camera icon is gone. The photos/ gallery button/folder is gone. When I go to text somebody and click to add an attachment the picture option is there but then when I press it nothing happens. When I press the bottom side button that used to go to the camera- that doesn't do anything.

Yes, I do have an SD card

0 Likes
Re: After installing the 8.1 update... I not longer have the camera or access to any of my photos. What happened?
JD858

I had a similar issue, where I couldn't use camera or view photos (although the icons were still present), prior to installing the upgrade (I've been postponing upgrade since I expect things to break after... came across this thread while researching what issues people have been having, before I pull the trigger on the update).

My SD card and internal memory were pretty full - when I booted the device, when I clicked the photo icon on the main screen it would start loading the photo app and then exit back to the home screen.  Same with the messaging app. 

I fixed it by:

1.  pulling the battery

2.  reinserted the battery

3.  boot to the home screen

4.  inserted usb cable, connected phone to a laptop

5.  browsed to "computer" then double clicked on "windows phone"

6.  backed up the my photos,

7.  deleted about 2 gigs of photos

Then pulled the usb out, and photo app and messaging worked again.

Would be interesting to see if freeing up space on the device would help recover your icons on Win 8.1 version.

0 Likes