After installing the 8.1 update the Internet Sharing won't allow any devices to stay connected for more than a few hours.
1sw33tlady

Internet sharing is turned "on" and appears to be working, but really isn't. Locking the screen, restarting, or a hard reboot helps, but it is extremely aggravating not to be able to maintain a connection for more than a few hours at a time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After installing the 8.1 update the Internet Sharing won't allow any devices to stay connected for more than a few hours.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you're able to use Internet Sharing without any hiccups, 1sw33tlady. The connection should stay on as long as there is some internet sharing activity happening with the connected devices and your phone. Do you find this is happening after not using the connected devices for a short period of time?

Andrea S.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: After installing the 8.1 update the Internet Sharing won't allow any devices to stay connected for more than a few hours.
1sw33tlady

No--it's happening when there are active users connected and trying to surf the Web.

It's like it keeps stopping the service even though it says it's still working, and this began immediately after the Windows 8.1 Update. Several days ago, it was so bad that I probably had to reset the internet sharing connection and/or reboot the phone nearly every 30 minutes ALL DAY LONG!

I did install the Spanish keyboard a few days ago, as per some other info I found in this forum (or maybe it was the Windows forum), which has helped somewhat, but it still drops the connection much more often than it did prior to the latest update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your device. What exact model of windows phone do you have? To clarify, by internet sharing are you referring to mobile hotspot or tethering?

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
1sw33tlady

It is a Nokia Lumia 822 with a Mobile Hotspot.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the info! I apologize for having asked for your device model as that is the forum you posted to. Also, I know that we've set the expectation that the device will remain connected as long as a demand for signal flows through it, but that may not be entirely the case. After a period of constant use, any device (including the Lumia 822) may require or force itself to stop.

You've mentioned that the device will freeze after a few hours usage. Is the device also connected to the charger while being used as a hotspot? If so, do you notice the device getting warmer than it normally would be?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes