After update, phone was not responsive, reset phone...now blue screen appears
t11hoang

I've had my Nokia Lumia 928 for a little over 2 weeks and after the update, the screen would turn off, become unresponsive and then turn back on and would work. These symptoms persisted through out the day. Towards the evening, I received a phone call and after ending the call my screen displayed mostly black, white, gray very grainy tiny dots all over the screen. It was unresponsive for a couple of hours and then started functioning again. I did a soft and hard reset and now the phone turns on with a blue screen, flashes a couple of colors and then turns off. It buzzes every 2 to 3 minutes now. Anyone have any other suggestions or should I take it into the store? I have only had the phone for a little over 2 weeks and I didn't purchase any warranty for the phone. I would imagine there is manufacture warranty for a month at least with no charge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After update, phone was not responsive, reset phone...now blue screen appears
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

No bueno.  Manufacturer warranty will still be in force - insurance not necessary. Take that paperweight back and get it replaced.  All phones have their proverbial warts and the 928 is no exception, but it's a solid phone for the most part.

0 Likes
Re: After update, phone was not responsive, reset phone...now blue screen appears
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

t11hoang, thanks for providing the illness symptoms of your Nokia device. The doctor has arrived. Based on what you've described, it sounds like the software update may be conflicting with the hardware on your device. Have you downloaded a few 3rd party applications to your device? If so, I recommend that you uninstall a few apps in Settings and power your device off/on to soft reset it. This will improve the performance of it. Keep us posted if the issues persists.

We can diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot address the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect, we'll send you a remanufactured replacement device (either the same model or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Please be advised that this replacement option does not cover devices that have physical or liquid damage.

For more information regarding the recent software update, click http://vz.to/1dU9Dd8

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes