Always dropping conference call at 60 minute duration
DanEGurl

All my conference calls (Skype for Business, GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting, etc.) drop exactly one hour after I initiate the call.  I have had IT monitor the calls several times and they say the problem is with Verizon.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Always dropping conference call at 60 minute duration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DanEGurl,  We’re sorry to hear that you’re having problems with your conference calls. We know this must be extremely important for you. However, we’re not sure how the function of Skype, Webinar or the Goto meeting applications are being impacted by VZW. Are you able to make regular calls for longer than an hour? Please elaborate on how your IT department concluded this is a Verizon issue. We will help in any way that we can.
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Noahsarkk1

This issue happens to me without Skype etc. I dial up 3 other people in my address book every Friday. The call ends after 1 hour. I redial the same people and again, after an hour the call drops. Rinse, repeat! It’s not my connection  with Verizon because I have an LTE extender and 4 bars. It’s not my battery because I’m connected.  It’s not my phone because I have a new iPhone 15 pro. This problem has been going on for years. Please come back here with a solution so it can be solved. Thanks. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Noahsarkk1 wrote:

This issue happens to me without Skype etc. I dial up 3 other people in my address book every Friday. The call ends after 1 hour. I redial the same people and again, after an hour the call drops. Rinse, repeat! It’s not my connection  with Verizon because I have an LTE extender and 4 bars. It’s not my battery because I’m connected.  It’s not my phone because I have a new iPhone 15 pro. This problem has been going on for years. Please come back here with a solution so it can be solved. Thanks. 

Sounds like a 60-minute timer in a router closing a connection when it expires.  If you have the ability, you might try using Wireshark to capture the traffic at the 60-minute closing of the connection to see what is being closed and from which direction.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes