Amber Update: How to tell if you have it
Billygec

I just got a replacement 928 and it went through some updates and now shows the phone is up to date. I have some of the amber features like clock on the lock screen but do not have double tap to wake. In extra+info it shows nokia enhancements but does have any reference to amber. Can someone tell me how to tell if I have amber?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Amber Update: How to tell if you have it
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all in settings go to "extras + info".  If it doesn't say "Lumia Amber" in bold Amber colored font then you don't have the latest update.  In that case  go to "Phone Update" and check for updates.  It will walk you through the balance.  If on the other hand you do see "Lumia Amber" under extras + info, the features such as double tap to wake up the phone have to be enabled in settings.  Select "Display and Touch". Once opened, swipe right to configure "Touch" (you'll see a check box for double tap). Swipe right again to configure Glance.

Good luck!

Billygec

No lumia amber and phone is up to date. Guess I'll wait a day or two.  Thx again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Billygec!

Getting the most recent software update for your awesome Lumia 928 is definitely important! I have great news! You can get support and "how to" information on the update right here: http://vz.to/1am7FQi  Check it out!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like NeoAnderson said, go to Settings, scroll down to extras + info, and it should look like this if you have installed the Amber update:

wp_ss_20130819_0001.png

0 Likes
ph4r40h

So, I have actually had this exact same issue.  I had the update when I got the phone, and then I got a replacement from Asurion, and no longer have the Amber update.  I have given it a few days, and been checking the phone update, The instructions you gave, but I still do not have the Lumia Amber update.  😞

0 Likes
graefeln

I just wanted to say I am in the same place as you. No reference to the amber update, but seemingly, some of the features (glance screen, but it is referred to as "standby", color profiles (but no double tap to wake), pro cam works, etc). If you figure it out, be sure to post please.

0 Likes
ph4r40h

Ok, so, here is what I found.  Apparently, the issue is was in the replacement and the backup.

So, when I restored my replaced phone data, I noticed there were some downloads in the app store that had errors and weren't updating.  Thinking this was just because I didn't have the Amber update yet, I left them, thinking they'd update when my OS updated.  After a few weeks, I finally gave up, and removed the downloads.  Low and behold, the moment I removed them, I had a ton of new updates, some of which were Amber features.  Once I let the new apps update, I checked, and I now have Lumia Amber.  Apparently, I had the OS, but the individual app features couldn't update, because of the download errors.  Once I removed that, it was fine. 

So, in summary, if you have replaced your phone, but it doesn't seem to be updating to Amber, go into your App store, and check your downloads page for any errors, if there are any, it should tell you on the front page of the App store.  If there are errors. Press and hold to remove each individual error.  Once done, you should have new updates available.  Once those updates are done, you should now have Lumia Amber. 

Good Luck 🙂

0 Likes