Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Amber update
mastercraftsmen

When my phone was downloading the Amber update it listed a website that contains the details of the update and the features it provides.  Does anyone recall the site mentioned?  I know FM radio and group mms is supposed to be there but I wanted to see what else is provided and what other detail are discussed on the site.  What is the link to the site?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Amber update
exboxnick

http://www.nokia.com/global/windows-phone-amber-update

http://www.wpcentral.com/verizon-details-lumia-928-update-includes-group-messaging-lacks-fm-radio

I do not believe that at this time there is actual FM radio support. I've not found it on my device, but in all honesty... who really needs it? IHeartRadio and several other services provide just as much music in a much higher quality!

0 Likes
Re: Amber update
NeoAnderson

exboxnick wrote:

I do not believe that at this time there is actual FM radio support. I've not found it on my device, but in all honesty... who really needs it? IHeartRadio and several other services provide just as much music in a much higher quality!

This simply is not entirely true. The GDR2 OS update from Microsoft DOES  include FM radio support just as it did in Windows Phone 7 and 7.5.  Someone at either Nokia (Amber programming) or Verizon has dropped the ball with regards to the Nokia 928. As for "who really needs it?"  I suppose if you have no interest in sports/play by play for example, or live in an area that NEVER has any kind of natural disaster, or if you don't care how much data you burn on the device, then perhaps you don't need it.  For those of us who want to listen to play by play of our favorite sports, being able to hear it over the air in real time and free of data charges and buffering issues... yeah it's a big deal.  Also in a natural disaster or other event where cellular service may be interrupted, the ability to fire up the radio for emergency information would be very useful. 

0 Likes