Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Any more Windows phones coming to Verizon?
Mossrock

Hi everyone! I'm a long time Verizon customer who has purchase the HTC Trophy and I really like it. Any chance of other Windows phones on Verizon like Nokia? Would like to see a better selection! Any news?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any more Windows phones coming to Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

There's like 10 other threads with the same question...

Simply answer...  Yes when MS does full LTE support, and not a patch job.  Which more than likely going to happen when Windows Phone 8 is released.

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast

I'd be hesitant to say yes to this. Microsoft and Nokia are clearly getting it right with the products they have been launching, yet Verizon has a track record of not carrying Nokia devices (since they dont do a lot of CDMA work) and a bad rep with Microsoft because of the handling of the Kin project. Verizon has no excuse right now, and could very well admit or announce something, but the fact that they haven't is very disconcerting.

LTE support isnt a patch job, and honestly, if the hardware is there, the OS can be patched to take advantage of it, whats the problem in that?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

aphrophyre wrote:

I'd be hesitant to say yes to this. Microsoft and Nokia are clearly getting it right with the products they have been launching, yet Verizon has a track record of not carrying Nokia devices (since they dont do a lot of CDMA work) and a bad rep with Microsoft because of the handling of the Kin project. Verizon has no excuse right now, and could very well admit or announce something, but the fact that they haven't is very disconcerting.

LTE support isnt a patch job, and honestly, if the hardware is there, the OS can be patched to take advantage of it, whats the problem in that?

I guess you don't do enough coding or don't know anything about coding.  IPv4 can't connect to a IPv6 network.  Windows Phone 7.5 does NOT support IPv6.  The WP LTE phones currently coming out will not connect to Verizon's network.  It's more than just "hardware and patching." That's the problem.

WP8 is supposedly has a redone framework required for IPv6.

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast

LTE support isn't the reason why Verizon isn't bringing another WP7 device to the network. It's a cop-out. They launched the Trophy like 4 months after it was ready in the first place. They are not in good graces with Microsoft with the KIN debacle and do not want to invest in the platform when Android is making them tons of money (supposedly).

0 Likes