Anyone Else Pleased with the Trophy?
rman0099

I have to say that I am pleased, overall, with the Trophy.  The battery life could be a bit better, but the interface is slick, the phone is fast to respond, and the apps work nicely!!  Plus, the XBox Live integration is great (and will only improve with mango).  The camera, though, could be a bit better.  But I'm not much of a "take a picture on my phone" person anyway.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Else Pleased with the Trophy?
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

I count myself as one that's very pleased with the phone so far. I've had it since Thursday morning and I can't say I have any major complaints about it.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Personally, I wish VZW would have chosen better hardware to bring to CDMA (That Samsung Focus is SWEET), but I am excited about the OS. 

0 Likes
JG69

rman0099 wrote:

I have to say that I am pleased, overall, with the Trophy.  The battery life could be a bit better, but the interface is slick, the phone is fast to respond, and the apps work nicely!!  Plus, the XBox Live integration is great (and will only improve with mango).  The camera, though, could be a bit better.  But I'm not much of a "take a picture on my phone" person anyway.

When you say the battery life could be better, could you elaborate further on this?  How much usage time are you getting out of a single charge?  I currently have a Droid Charge and am thinking of swapping it as I'm growing tired of having to charge it every 5-6 hours.

Thanks...JBG

0 Likes
Arbee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm loving mine!  I was really concerned since there was no choice of another WP7 from Verizon, but I've been pleasantly pleased.  My batteries been holding up well.  I had to recharge after 10 hours of which about 3 hours was playing Pandas vs. Ninjas!!  Wish I could have got this sooner.  Now I can't wait for Mango!

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

after two weeks, this phone is exceeding my expectations- I thought the hardware was limited, but I've had no issues with speed or functionality.

The camera is OK - could be better but not bad...fine for quick snapshots and sharing.

I don't expect a 3/8 of an inch lens on any phone to compete with real cameras and I don't understand why others do....

As a business user, I like it better than my wife's Droid X, and as a gamer, so does my 6 year old.

0 Likes
DriveSlow
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have mixed feelings so far about this phone.

0 Likes
William_M
Enthusiast - Level 3

complaints about cameras on cell phones is also something I've struggled to understand.  I can appreciate the need for flash on a camera, don't get me wrong because that was a COMMON complaint amongst almost everyone you asked about the iPhones camera up until iPhone 4.  I do however not understand why people take pictures from 40ft away and go "Oh that's so washed out". I'm one of those "it's a phone idiot, not a camera" people.

0 Likes
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
I have to say I am one of those very satisfied people. I sold my Verizon iphone to get this phone and I have to say it is great. Just wish Verizon would come out with some accessories for it.
0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

ericreinhardt wrote:
I have to say I am one of those very satisfied people. I sold my Verizon iphone to get this phone and I have to say it is great. Just wish Verizon would come out with some accessories for it.

What accessories do you need? Batteries with as much as 3600 mAh can be found, plenty of gell cases and hard cases are avaialble from 3rd parties. Custom skins can be ordered from Zagg and others, there's a nice aluminium shell available either brushed or black, screen protectors from everyone are available, and the custom charging cradle/spare battery charger for the T8686 should work for our phone as well...

What other phone specific accessories do we need?- everything else is generic and can be connected via USB or bluetooth...

I'm happy that I don't need to spend another $250 for custom hardware accessories...

What I'd like to see is Microsoft working with 3rd party AV manufacturers (particularly automotive) to provide better wireless integration and control of our phones without having to sync the address book,  ideally  Ford SYNC without the Ford.

0 Likes