Anyone buy their 928 via Amazon? Are phone exchanges possible?
Banquo22

I didn't know if there was a certain time frame you could return your phone to amazon and get a different one to count as your upgrade?  As soon as you activate the phone when you get it, obviously your upgrade date is then 'used' as well, so not sure how to return a phone for another one via Amazon.  Amazon customer service couldn't tell me what I need to know..only that I could return my phone certainly, but I don't want to do that if my contract upgrade is then 'used'.  Anyway, anyone done this?  I gotta think it's pretty common since Amazon gets some good prices on contract upgrade phones from vz.  Thanks much

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone buy their 928 via Amazon? Are phone exchanges possible?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have 14 days to return a phone and have your upgrade reset, tho the reset may take a billing cycle to kick back to the original date.

0 Likes
Banquo22

Thanks, upon ordering I heard them mention 14 day return window for carrier requirements, but didn't know if it would take care of itself if phone was returned... Anything special I would need to do to have the upgrade reset, or does it just happen automatically (albeit possibly the next billing cycle before another phone could be ordered)?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon also allows one exchange within the 14 day window; I'm not sure if Amazon does that. Be sure you really want the second phone though, because you are only allowed the one exchange.  The upgrade date should reset once you have returned everything, but you need to document everything and watch to be sure it gets reset.

0 Likes