Anyone else notice Verizon's complete disinterest with Windows Phone?
yogithesloth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I decided to take a peek through Verizon's facebook and Twitter pages for a quick minute, on the day that Verizon announced pre-orders are available for Windows Phone, they took to twitter and promoted that there is a new droid coming on the 13th and to get sneek peeks of it. Followed by tweets everyday with the tag #droidoes, why doesn't verizon put this kind of effort into windows phone instead of just a new droid every 2 months? I want more than just 2 mid range windows phones for the same price as most higher end models.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else notice Verizon's complete disinterest with Windows Phone?
CrimsonO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed.

If Verizon personnel in charge of phone procurement ever bother to peruse their Windows Phone forums, they'll know why they might be receiving lukewarm, nay, tepid response to Windows Phone 8 on their network.  The days of perceived cautiousness because of the Kin debacle should've been over with and forgiven on the introduction and overly positive reception of WP7 of the HTC Trophy.  For Verizon to continue the throttled reception of WP8 with a half-hearted selection of Windows Phone 8 devices is a disservice to their customers. 

If you're listening Verizon, this is not a chicken and egg argument.  You found a partially interested audience to your WP8 launch because you put forth a partial introduction to WP8 phones.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Personally, I don't think this shows a complete disinterest by Verizon in Windows Phone.  They do, after all, have two phones, right off the bat (almost), and the promise of a third by the end of the year, and I'm hearing rumors of a coming strong ad campaign.  Myself, I think this is more of a left hand not talking to the right hand thing.  The people who are running the Windows Phone thing need to get in touch with the social media people, for sure.  But they're DEFINITELY doing a far better job than the last time around.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

That isn't to say, however, that there isn't room for improvement.  I still am not going to buy a phone until I see something along the lines of a 9xx model....

0 Likes
CrimsonO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're in agreement.  I didn't say complete disinterest.  I said lukewarm reception.  It's the difference between going to a party and 1.) People not noticing 2.) People glancing at you and acknowledging your presence when you enter  3.) people cheering for you with a "Welcome" banner strung across the rafters.

WP8 is stuck at #2

Android/iOS has been getting #3.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

No arguments.

0 Likes