Re: Anyone having a problem when plugging the phone in to charge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Catpaw70,

Thank you for filling us in on this information. We certainly always want you to have a working device. It does sound as if you are having charging port issue. If you are still within your one year warranty, you are eligible to get your phone replaced at no cost. You will probably want to check out a local Verizon store first so the phone can be checked for any damage. If nothing then I would suggest taking that route to resolve. You can check store in the area with vzw.com/storelocator.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deborah_winters, wow! This is an unfortunate coincidence. Have you tried connecting that device to a different charger? Have you brung your device to a store to have it evaluated? http://vz.to/3SdsA  Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
mrjarvis0865

I just started having this part of the problem and am adding it to all other problems and lies the Verizon has enjoyed putting on me with this price of crap phone

0 Likes
cathrene
Enthusiast - Level 1

That only works for a while and will make problem worse later on.  I have only had this phone since April and this is the 3rd time I am taking it back in for same issue. 

cathrene
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it is CRAZY to even suggest a different charger.  I was specifically told the 1st time I turned phone in for this problem that that is what caused it.  Trying different chargers and/or propping it up with another item. Don't use anything but ones specifically for the phone.  I have only had my phone is April of this year 2013.  I will now have to take it back for a 3rd new phone.  Last time just got new part where port charger is contained.  What my concern is is that after my year is up then what do I do.  After I have turned it in a couple more times.  When does Verizon realize this is a continuing issue with this phone.  I chose this phone because of a sales person.  Was told it would not be slow able to run all my Windows Programs for my business and job.  My expectations did not meet what I was told.  I can not get half the Apps, not compatible, that the other phones on the market at the same time can get.  A major App that came out at work, I was not able to get because of this.  They switched, management to it as a time saver.  My position is actually more time consuming than others because I can't get the App.  Wish I NEVER would have got this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you mrjarvis0865!

The last thing I want is for you to have any concerns with your device! Let's make sure we review all possible options to get to the bottom of this. Just to clarify, as mentioned in the thread, have you attempted use of any other chargers or outlets just in case? Is there any physical or liquid damages on the device?

After investigating how the software for this device performs regarding charging I did find that there is a small delay (about 10 seconds) for the phone to notify that it is in fact charging. Can you please test to confirm that your device is charger after plugged in and waiting this time?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern for needing a phone that will work with your needs cathrene. I'm sorry your having issues with apps and compatibility. We perform trouble-shooting steps that allow us to access the situation and provide the next best suggestion towards getting this resolved. A different charger may help with your issue. After the one-year manufactures warranty is up, we have other options for replacing your phone and resolving your issues. We have our CPO program http://vz.to/16vfYHl . We have our Edge program http://vz.to/1dG4Hpu. Please let us know if you have any questions about the above information. We want to ensure you stay a happy customer.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
powderbrat

My family purchased 4 Lumina 822 phones almost exactly a year ago.  We are now having issues with 3 out of the 4 phones charging.  It starts with you having to keep adjusting when you plug it in to find a good connection.  2 of the phones now will not charge at all, have tried multiple chargers.  One phone can still be charged if you adjust the charger and prop it up.  It isn't the battery as we've removed batteries and charged it in the one phone that is still working properly (knock on wood).

Is this a manufacturer's defect?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

powderbrat,

Good thing we're here to provide a charge again. How long has this been an issue? Did it happen at the same time considering this is plaguing several phones? And does damage exist of either the charger or the charging port on the phones?

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
powderbrat

All phones are in excellent condition with no visible damage or water damage.

The first phone started having problems charging – needing to wiggle the charger, lay it a certain way to get it to connect, etc. in late October.  I took that phone to a Verizon store in early Nov and when the person working there plugged it in it charged just fine (go figure).  I was told there had never been any reports of issues with charging for this model phone.  I tried to call the help line the following day but needed the phone in my hand to report the issue, and my daughter had returned to college the day we were at the store. 

Since then another of our phones started with the same issues and since then two of the phones will not charge at all.  The third has since started with needing to wiggle the cord, etc. to get it to work.  It’s not a battery issue as I can switch batteries and charge with the one phone that is working correctly still. 

I did take the phones back to Verizon in the Florence Mall (KY) Sunday and the clerk there couldn’t get either phone to charge.  I am 4 days past my 1 year warranty (go figure), so they couldn’t help me.  I asked about wireless charging and was put on the phone with tech support.  The lady wasn’t very knowledgeable about it, but sold me a charging dock which should arrive today or tomorrow.  I’m still not clear if I need to purchase a new back to make the phone capable to charge wirelessly as some forums I’ve visited say you do – others say the phone is equipped to charge wirelessly without changing anything.  I’m hoping I don’t since purchasing the dock & a back gets me close to the price of a new phone.

I’m wondering though if there is a recall on this issue?  You can clearly see on the one phone that the port where the charger & phone connect is loose.  There are even YouTube videos out there showing you how to change the port in this phone.  It seems there are pins that hold the port in which come loose.  If there is a recall, would Nokia fix the phones?

0 Likes