Re: Anyone having a problem when plugging the phone in to charge?
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the phone for a year and a half, no extended warranty. I've already ordered an HTC 8X to replace it, since I have a road trip coming up and don't have time to dink around with further troubleshooting/exchanges/etc.

0 Likes
outofservice

I bought my phone almost 2 years ago. After about 9 months, it wouldn't charge. Wasn't the port. They (sales peps) could not figure it out either.  Ended up sending it back and receiving a new one. Extended my warrenty by 3 months, that didn't help. I have had my second phone since spring. It won't hold a charge and it takes about 5 minutes for it to finally start showing that it is charging. I have to charge my phone a few times a day. Won't work in the car either. Now it is out of warranty again. Thinking about the wireless charging system but why pay for this if I can get another discounted phone in 4 more months.. WHAT IS UP WITH THESE PHONES??

I was with T_Mobile for 12 years and changed because of a slight cost saving. Kinda wish I hadn't now. How can I get this fixed, again??? this is too costly for me to be doing this every 9 or 10 months..

HELP???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to see you've had so many difficulties with your sharging port, outofservice. But we don't want to be one of your regrets! If you look into the charging port of your phone, so you see any debris or corrosion? Or are any of the metal contacts bent or missing?  Are you still using the original Nokia charger that came with the phone?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
outofservice

I do not see any debris or corrosion. Nothing looks bent in the outlet either. I was told by the Verizon sales person to purchase a wall charger that it was probably the connection. Still, it was from Verizon and it did not help. I am now looking into the wireless charging unit although come the new year I would like to upgrade my phone. No since on spending money on charging unit if I won’t have the phone.

Thank you for responding,

Linda Cochran

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info outofservice. Can I assume that you have tried another charger with the device? Also, are you charging the device in a wall outlet? The next step would be to take the device to a corporate store for diagnosis. Here's a link to locate the clostest store near you, http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
outofservice

I have tried different chargers. I have also spoken with the Verizon store. They said I am having problems with the port like many other customers. Yes, I am using the wall unit charger. The store said that it charges better and faster that with the USB. The other issue is that in early spring, Verizon replaced my first phone with this phone. My warranty was extended 3 months and now I do not have a warranty on my phone. I would have to replace it on my own. My contract will be up in the spring so I will have to wait it out (having the issue) until then so I can change phones or carriers.

Is there something in the works with Verizon due to so many people having the same issue with this phone??

LC

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your having issues with the port outofservice.  If the device is outside the manufacturers warranty. We would not be able to change it out. We never want you to leave us. We do have this option: http://vz.to/16vfYHl

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes