Anyone used the 2150 mAh battery?
tyler3

Much like many of you here, I absolutely love the Trophy (okay, mainly the OS) but have experienced poor battery life. It seems like it would hold up well if I didn't use many data consuming applications, play games or listen to music much... but doing all of those things on my phone is exactly why I finally upgraded to the smartphone realm.

So I want to invest in a better battery, have any of you used the 2150 mAh extended battery available online from Verizon? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12640&accesso... I'm not particularly looking forward to the larger size of the already medium-sized Trophy, but if the performance is well worth it than I won't let a little extra bulk stop me. So if anyone has used the extended battery can they atest to the performance of it? As well as how big in the hand does the extended battery feel and if it is much of a nuisance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone used the 2150 mAh battery?
tyler3

I am also now considering the Mugen 1800 mAh battery which, although less powerful, is the same physical size as the current battery so it doesn't add any bulge. http://www.mobilityminded.com/12985/mugen-power-1800-mah-battery-for-htc-7-trophy

Also there is the the Mugen 3600 mAh battery which sounds like it's a beast as far as battery life goes, but not only does it add the most bulge to the device but it looks less attractive than the official HTC extended battery case and doesn't appear to have the same rubberized finish. http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/htc/htc-7-trophy-t8686-htc-spark/mugen-power-3600mah-extended-b...

What is everyone else's thoughts on the matter? The tech nerd in me wants to go all out for the 3600 mAh battery, but then I tell myself that anymore battery life than a full day of moderate to heavy use of the phone probably isn't absolutely necessary for me, since it's not like I would be without access to my charger for 95% of nights in my daily life. So it's a tough debate of whether the 1800 mAh battery (with it's advantage of maintaining the current slimness of the device) would be able to satisfy enough duration that I'm looking for for the battery life, or whether I need at least 2150 mAh, which sounds pretty perfect to me. (too bad the 3600 mAh battery isn't available with the official HTC extended battery case that maintains the original rubber finish, I'd be all over that)

0 Likes
Battery Cover
Truth123

Question for those who have the regular batteries, has anyone noticed that the back cover is not as tight as it could be? The upper corner where you pull the cover off moves sometimes, almost as if its loose. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Cover
tyler3

Hmm, the original back cover fits tight on my Trophy and it doesn't move around at all. Is a piece broken off from the cover piece which would normally snap it into place?

And FTW to anyone that comes through this thread, I did go ahead and order the 2150 mAh battery and when I receive it (probably early next week) I'll post here about its performance and if anyone is interested I can post photos of how the bulge of the extended case looks at other angles (because I haven't seen any reviews or pictures of the extended battery other than the single photo in Verizon's store).

0 Likes
Re: Anyone used the 2150 mAh battery?
rkbowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the 2,150 mAh battery when I picked up my Trophy - got it the next day.  After conditioning, I have about 3/4 of charge left after 12 hours with a few phone calls, checking/sending email & editing calendar and contacts several times, an hour or so of music, browsing the web and maybe a half hour of fruit ninja.  Happy with the extra capacity.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Truth123,

This is not a reported issue on your device. How long after purchase did you notice this?

0 Likes
Truth123

Thanks for responding Daisy_VS.!

I actually noticed it the second day I had the phone, is there a way that I can get a replacement battery cover?

0 Likes
JG69

@Truth123

I think I have the same issue you do; the upper right hand corner of the back cover does not fit tight against the phone, resulting in a slight gap.  Is that the same thing you're seeing?

0 Likes
Truth123

@JG69

Yes, the upper right corner. The gap creates a movement while holding the phone in certain position (calls and gaming). I find it slightly annoying after extended use. Its good to know you have a similar circumstance.

0 Likes
tyler3

Well I've been using the 2150 mAh battery for a few days. The battery life so far has been great, after a day of heavy use I still had at least a third of the battery remaining, and on a day of regular use I had at least 60% remaining. The extra bulk is not even as big as I was expecting, although it does add a noticeable amount of weight to the device. If anyone would like to see how the extended battery looks on the phone other than the single photo verizon has in their store, I will upload a couple photos.

And strangely, in relation to the posters about their cover not fitting snug to the phone, my original battery cover fit perfectly tight to the phone all over, although the battery cover for my new extended battery has a slight gap in the upper left corner when looking at it from the back (by the headphone jack), but it's really small and isn't enough to be a nuisance, but it wasn't something I noticed with the original battery cover.

0 Likes