Re: Battery Cover
JG69

@tyler3

Glad to hear that the extended battery performance is that good.  I ordered one from the VZW.com site and it should arrive Monday.  If you can upload a few pics that would be great (not sure how you would do this, but if you can figure it out I know we would all appreciate it).

I'm a little disappointed to hear that the extended battery cover is still an issue, at least for you.  I would have assumed with the extra girth of the battery that they would have added extra clips inside the battery door cover to make it a snug fit.  I guess I will have to wait to get mine to see if I have the same problem.  Thanks again for the good feedback re: battery peformance.

-JG69

0 Likes
merkin77

I'd really like to see pics of the cover too.

0 Likes
tyler3

I took a handful of photos, you can see them here: photobucket.com/trophybattery

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

We'll send you a PM to look into the issue.

0 Likes
JG69

@JoeL_VZW

Who is your reply directed to?  And I'm assuming that the issue you're referring to is the loose battery door?  If so and it's directed to me, I would appreciate your looking into this.  I absolutely love the phone but this door is really souring my experience.  It is to the point that the cover actually come off in my hand while I was making a call.

Thanks...JG69

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

@JG69

I was communicating with Truth 123. It’s very frustrating to have the cover come off in your hand. Depending on how you originally received the device if it was at a store please bring device back to the store to have them replace the cover or device. If the device wasn’t physically damaged. If it wasn’t a physically damaged you can also contact technical support to see about a replacement at 800-922-0204 option 3. You can also PM me if this issue hasn’t been addressed yet.

Thank you

Joe L

0 Likes
wgs4

I received my extended battery (HTC 2150) from Verizon yesterday and I can confirm that the battery cover is indeed flawed.  Mine arrived with the top left clip (facing the rear) materially off center, therefore the cover didn't close properly/securely.  I removed the cover and did my best to straighten the clip and snapped it closed.  It appears secure but there is a slight gap that is noticeable because of the red interior.  The clip is clearly defective. 

On the bright side I'm OK with the size and I'm looking forward to the additional battery life.

I'm surprised that Verizon would ship an obviously defective cover.  Clearly, these clips are not rigid enough.  I'm not sure if my problem is the result of poor packaging, shipping or manufacturing but it's a problem that should be addressed.

0 Likes
dmid

I am also looking for another battery for my Trophy, however am reluctant to get the 2150 from Verizon since so many people have said that the cover is defective. I've been looking online, but so many of the batteries I find (most are external) are meant for the Trophy 7 which seems to be a different phone with the model # T8686. Has anyone purchased one of these batteries & do they fit the Verizon Trophy?

thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Anyone used the 2150 mAh battery?
SteveBMe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, this looks like a slightly older topic, but I've got some experience with this.

The replacement cover some of these guys are including with the extended life battery-- I bought mine from HTCextendedbattery.com, through paypal-- have been manufactured wrong.

I.e., the upper left alignment pin (when looking at the back of the phone), or the upper right pin, when looking at the inside of the cover, is aligned vertically, when it should be aligned horizontally.

I've put in a request that someone deal with it, but it doesn't resolve the issue now.

I had ordered the 3500mAh battery, and was sent the 2300mAh battery/cover.

Look closely at the images of the covers, if possible, and the back of your phones, with the covers off-- to check for pin alignments.

I found that the only way I could get the cover to stay on was to break the wrongly aligned pin off.

0 Likes