Anyone using Windows Phone 10 Preview? If so, how is it?
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Looking for current user experience.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone using Windows Phone 10 Preview? If so, how is it?
WindowsPhone
Enthusiast - Level 2

There have been issues.  I have the Icon and the start screen after a power cycle can take 20 minutes to appear.  It is beta and expected.  Other than that and a few other issues which I expect will be fine when released the Preview is great.  Lots of small changes that have made navigating much easier.  It also has the new Edge browser.   I expect great things once the new Nokia phones come out in the Fall. I hope Verizon supports these phones or Microsoft sells them unlocked and have the network frequencies to work on Verizon.  Otherwise I will be leaving for whoever has the 5.7 device.

0 Likes
Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

I have very few issues with Windows 10 on my Icon

and it does not take 20 min to reboot my phone.

It's as fast as it ever was.

I use it every day, so, is it stable enough, yes, for me it has been.

When doing the upgrade, you will want to refresh your phone from scratch and do not restore any apps etc.

Just Messages and Phone Book, which should happen automatically anyway.

After doing that, I have had very few issues.

I am looking forward o the next build, which I predict should not be too far off.

As for VZW, if they don't carry the 950xl (Cityman) and 950 (Talkman) for that matter, I will be leaving and taking both of my phones with me to a company that does. Will be their loss.

0 Likes
chodichicken

I hear you on the new phones, I am holding out for the surface phone, and possibly the second one.  its sick, metal body, 128 gig plus a SD slot.  city and talk may be cool, but the surface phone is going to take first

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The Surface Phone is nothing but rumor now.  WMPowerUser had an article on it but in the comments it was quickly debunked.

Personally if Microsoft is focus on limited hardware for Windows 10 Mobile; allowing the OEM's to fill the gap.  They wouldn't have both the Lumia line and the Surface Phone line.

0 Likes
chodichicken

pictures and news released of them over the last several days

http://www.technburn.com/microsoft-surface-mobile-phone-leaks-with-new-screenshot-and-1702639

http://www.therem.org/microsoft-to-kick-off-surface-phone-the-future-of-the-mobile-phones-is-now-her...

Microsoft Surface phone: 5 features we could see from a Lumia flagship phone

Microsoft Surface Phone release date, specs, rumors: exquisite design and build quality in new Windo...

Any it only makes sense that they do, continuum will not (or should not) run on entry level phones.  I have been following the news for a long time, only time will tell if it is released and we should get news on it next month either way.  Just because one person says it will or will not arrive doesn't mean it will or wont happen.  continuum will need space ram and a good sized processor to power a full size monitor and run windows, the SP has it.

They have promised flag ship phones after the release of phone 10, city and talk are nice, but flagship? No, MS really needs to step things up in this area and they know it, they only have about one more good chance to get it right.  (I only had MS phones for about 10 years now, its all I like, so I am not trashing them in any way)

Lets revisit this after they release 10 for phones and see what actually happens

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Two of those sites reference the WMPowerUser article I mentioned.  The specs are debunked by the first post in the comments:

It will be better for all those allegedly leaking this fake spec to do some research.

The Intel Atom x3 (SoFIA) is low end SoC on old 28nm process(the S810 is on 20nm) with up to 13MP front camera, up to 1920x1080 display resolution and USB 2.0.

This mean, no 21MP camera, no QHD screen, no usb 3.0 type-c and no dual screen support, so no Continuum.

The Lumia 950's either both or just the 950 XL will support Continuum and both are consider flagship phones from Microsoft.  Unless they have a great surprise next month I highly doubt we'll see a Surface Phone this year.  Plus Intel just recently released the Skylake processors which if there was to be a Surface Phone it would be using Skylake processors and I don't expect a mobile device to be release so soon with that processor.

DjF4

I am using the windows 10 preview.  Love the user interface. Like the way it looks.  However, my hotspot is broken and I can't seem to get it to work.  Does anyone know how to get that working.  If I could get that working, everything would be fine with me.  Otherwise, I will have to go back to Windows 8.1 so I can have my hotspot.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like the next update was delayed to next week, hopefully that will be fixed.

0 Likes
dhamwey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think you are really well informed or you sent the message a long time before the surface phone development has come to light.

0 Likes