Applied Mango, now no data connection
RobHudson

I applied the Mango update, and it worked beautifully... except now, I do not have a data connection.

I checked Settings->Cellular, and changing the roaming setting has no effect.  Is there a "apn" that I need to add?  What credentials would I use there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Applied Mango, now no data connection
hometownnerd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rob....I just posted this in the other post on the site. Worked for me....hopefully for you too!!

I like so many others had the HTC connection wizard installed when I tried Mango the first time, when it restarted had no data....so I restored using zune to my beta mango state, removed the connection wizard, reapplied the update to mango.....low and behold I have data again! Thanks to this forum and chodi!!! I DID NOT have to RESET, thank goodness!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hometownnerd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue as you, installed Mango since Zune said an update was available and now I have no data connections and the HTC Connection Wizard app has no information on the carrier either. Someone please help

0 Likes
hometownnerd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rob....I just posted this in the other post on the site. Worked for me....hopefully for you too!!

I like so many others had the HTC connection wizard installed when I tried Mango the first time, when it restarted had no data....so I restored using zune to my beta mango state, removed the connection wizard, reapplied the update to mango.....low and behold I have data again! Thanks to this forum and chodi!!! I DID NOT have to RESET, thank goodness!!

0 Likes
millerkmderr

Thanks for ur help. After an endless amount of time with Tech Support, they had no resolution. I took ur advice by going to Zune and restoring my phone back to its old self. Then UNINSTALLING Connection Setup. Then reinstalled the the 7.5 update AND MY DATA CONNECTION and 3G icon are back and new update, pic msg and data connection all working great. Thank u so very much.

0 Likes
Julie1028

where do I restre it to windows 7 in Zune ? I can not find the option ?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Julie1028 wrote:

where do I restre it to windows 7 in Zune ? I can not find the option ?

In Zune, connect the phone, click Settings, Phone, Update, and you will see a restore button.  Restore to your backup by clicking that button, uninstall the HTC Connection app, then go through the update process again.

0 Likes
cmswenson

Unfortunately, the "solution" listed on this thread doesn't work. 

The "solution" listed here is: restore your phone to the original state, and then re-apply the update. 

I just did this, and I still don't have a 3g wireless data connection on my Trophy.  I'll need to spend another 2 hours restoring my phone to its original state so I can get access to my data plan.

Clearly, there's an issue with the update that Verizon or HTC needs to resolve.  Hopefully this happens soon.

FYI, I called tech support, and they are completely oblivious to this issue.  Not on their radar at all.

0 Likes
cmswenson

Apologies, but I was mistaken earlier.  I guess it helps to read the entire thread. 

The solution isn't as the first person indicated, to simply try again. 

The problem, as indicated later in the thread, is caused by a faulty HTC application ("Connection Manager") which prevents 3G connectivity after you upgrade to Mango.

So, as indicated later in the thread, restore the phone to its earlier state, delete the HTC app, then upgrade to Mango.  Problem solved.

There are a couple of other threads on the boards on the same topic, and all have the same solution: delete the HTC app.

I've been playing around with Mango for a few days, and I love it.  Twitter, facebook chat integration, mutlitasking, faster perf., etc.  Lots of great new features.

Now, all I can ask Verizon Wireless for is a few more powerful WP7 models to choose from.  If Verizon Wireless sold the powerful HTC Titan, for example, I'd buy five of them, one for every member of my family...

Chris

0 Likes
SteveLV702
Enthusiast - Level 3

what do if just got phone already has mango update so have no backup to restore from?????????

0 Likes
alee001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely the HTC App.

Update:

I have since been able to download the latest Trophy patch (looks like a radio upgrade), so the zune unplug trick did not keep me from installing new updates.

Again, if you installed Mango without the official update notification (you should have gotten an overnight message on the phone saying "you have an update available") this seems to be the major reason people have had this 3G connection issue.  I did it, so you're not alone.

Let's get the two OTHER patches now, Verizon.  The 8107 update fixes a lot of minor issues, and carriers around the world have installed it.

0 Likes