I applied the Mango update, and it worked beautifully... except now, I do not have a data connection.
I checked Settings->Cellular, and changing the roaming setting has no effect. Is there a "apn" that I need to add? What credentials would I use there?
I would suggest backing up all your photos, music, etc, and reset your phone. If that doesn't do it, you're going to need to call VZW support, and if you were to call them now, that's one of the things they'd have you do before going any further.
1. pull battery
2. if that doesn't do it, back your stuff up and reset phone
3. settings | about | reset my phone | yes | yes.
If it doesn't come back after that, call Verizon customer service for tech support, and they may have to replace the phone. My money is on resetting it solving the problem, though.
known issue, only for the trohpy and only if you have the htc connection app... on wpcentral.com.
Director of App Dev for a major wireless application vendor
I like so many others had the HTC connection wizard installed when I tried Mango the first time, when it restarted had no data....so I restored using zune to my beta mango state, removed the connection wizard, reapplied the update to mango.....low and behold I have data again! Thanks to this forum and chodi!!! I DID NOT have to RESET, thank goodness!!
Just in case anyone needs some help on restoring the software.
To restore your phone:
- Open the Zune software on the computer that was used during the phone update.
- Connect your phone to the computer by using the USB cable that was included with the phone.
- Click Settings, click Phone, and then click Update.
- Click Restore and follow the directions on-screen to restore your phone to its version and state on the selected date.