Apps (Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare) stopped working this morning
JPR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been happily using my HTC Trophy for some time now without major issue.  Sometime around 9AM EDT today I tried to open up the Facebook app and it gave me an error message stating  "Facebook license is invalid".  It then asked me if I wanted to Uninstall the app.  I hit the home button and tried again to no avail.  I tried the Twitter app and got the same error message (replace "Facebook" with "Twitter").  I tried a reboot (and then a reboot with a battery pull).  I no longer get the error message but the apps do not start.  The screen sort of flashes like it's trying to run the app then returns back to the live tile screen.

So I uninstalled the Facebook app and tried to re-download it from the marketplace.  When I click "Install" I get an error that states "Can't get this info right now.  Check back in a little while."

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps (Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare) stopped working this morning
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

is your device Dev unlocked?

that message usually shows up on dev unlocked devices, specially after dev build upgrades.

If you do have a dev unlocked device, check to see that its still unlocked. if now try to unlock again.

or remove the dev unlock and then go and add the unlock again.

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

is your device Dev unlocked?

that message usually shows up on dev unlocked devices, specially after dev build upgrades.

If you do have a dev unlocked device, check to see that its still unlocked. if now try to unlock again.

or remove the dev unlock and then go and add the unlock again.

0 Likes
JPR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although I am a dev by trade, the device was not dev unlocked.

I ended up calling VZW support this morning.  We went through the typical reboots, *228, etc.  I was then passed on to HTC.  We tried a few things but eventually it was determined that a factory reset was required.

Fortunately, it was pretty painless getting things up and running again.  Although I don't want to have to do this every few months.

Thanks for the response.

-joe

0 Likes
JPR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although I am a dev by trade, the device was not dev unlocked.

I ended up calling VZW support this morning.  We went through the typical reboots, *228, etc.  I was then passed on to HTC.  We tried a few things but eventually it was determined that a factory reset was required.

Fortunately, it was pretty painless getting things up and running again.  Although I don't want to have to do this every few months.

Thanks for the response.

-joe

0 Likes