Re: Availability of Windows 7.5
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Raptor007 wrote:

So far I can say I am enjoying the HTC Trophy far more than I did my HTC ThunderBolt, Droid Charge, Droid3 so hopefully Mango will enhance it that much more.

I've had Mango on my Wife's Trophy for about 3 weeks now and most of the changes are subtle but you'll appreciate them.  Integration of Facebook Chat into the Messaging Client is pretty cool as well as the addition of Twitter and LinkedIn to the People Hub.  Being able to Group People and Friends into Groups is also nice. For People who use Multiple Email Accounts these can be grouped or separated by need as well. IE9 is noticably faster at load times than IE7.

Although there are claims of improved battery life I've not seen any evidence on the two Mango Phone we have (the aforementioned Trophy and a Samsung Focus).

Multitasking is still in the early stages (I currently only have 5 Mango-Optimized apps that support background tasks) so it is still hard to judge how much of a difference that will make but recent Mango-aware apps reload very quickly, which is welcome.

Time-wise, HTC has been indicating that they will release their ROMs around mid-September;  This does not actually mean Verizon will push the update out at that time.  Obviously I'm not horribly concerned since I'm already there but it will be interesting to see how fast various carriers respond.  ATT was not exactly great with the NoDo roll-out and Verizon has yet to even drop a hint about the 7392 security patch.  Unfortunately the sad truth is that all U.S. carriers tend to be slower than their overseas counterparts...

0 Likes
Raptor007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the final build has actually been leaked and I can say it works just fine.  Of course there is NO visual voicemail unless Verizon plans on turning that option on when you pay for it.  Personally $2.99 is a waste for VVM given that its part of the OS and should not be a paid for service.

0 Likes
wmttexas
0 Likes