Back Button...?
davidlance

The back button on my Nokia Lumia 822 is sticky. Sometimes when I'm online, the back button (I'll only tap it once) will tap three times. Sometimes, it'll stop functioning completely and I have to wait for it to work again. Occasionally, the start button will do the same thing. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or a software issue? If someone could let me know that would be great, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Back Button...?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to the community about this issue davidlance, especially with this being a new phone I know it concerns you. I was unable to locate any reported issues with the back button for your device. Is the phone damaged? Have you had any issues with any apps on your phone? If so, I would try removing them to ensure they are not causing functionality issues. Does it only happen when you are accessing the internet? What messaging application are you using (3rd party)? I look forward to hearing from you so that we can continue to trouble-shoot and get this issue resolved. If the phone has any defectiveness, it can be replaced if still under the 1-year warranty and no damage.

KinquanaH_Vzw
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
davidlance

It isn't an app that's making it sticky, I think. The button has problems no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing on the phone... I could be in Settings, I could be checking my email via Outlook, I could be on Twitter, or even My Verizon... Sometimes I'll tap it and I won't feel the vibration and it won't do anything. The most annoying part is when I tap it it once and it thinks I tapped it more than twice; that's beyond aggravating. The home button will do this too, under the same conditions, but a lot more occasionally than the Back button. (I got the phone in February, fyi)

0 Likes
MegaMasterX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chances are that it is an application that is hanging. Tumblr is notorious for locking my entire phone up. Ensure that background processes are turned off that aren't needed by going to Settings > Swipe to Applications > Background Tasks > Tap on any unnecessary applications and tap Block. This will disable the background running of these applications that aren't needed. It'll also help with your battery life.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi davidlance,

Thanks for the additional information! It could certainly be a hardware issue. Any issues related to hardware are better evaluated in person with a hands on evaluation. Please locate a store near you by entering your ZIP code at this link http://vz.to/3SdsA and stop by for a representative to review your device for hardware issues and to explore options to resolve.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes