Battery Woes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I purchased the Nokia 822 because it has the removable battery.  Glad I did,  6 months later, the battery is shot.  I had to buy a replacement.  I was charging four times a day, and if I was lucky, I could make it 6 hours.  My usage and areas of usage did not change.  I charge at night with Wireless, I charge during the day using a cable.  Usually when it hits 20%,  it will die within the hour.   Now that I have another battery, I will have to face the battle of convincing Verizon that the battery has failed.  And when they tell me that I need to factory reset my phone, I will not.  Like the posted that mentioned that removing the battery from time to time is the "Approved" way to handle problem.  That is bunk.

My question is how many are having similar problems? I cannot imagine if you had a non removable battery...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Woes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Mine lasts 2 -3 days on a charge, mostly in standby.

What is your usage; calls vs. standby?  What applications are set to run in the background?  Is wireless always on even when the phone is locked? I had real bad battery drainage with the setting on.  Is bluetooth always on?

0 Likes
Battery Woes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

My usage is the same as it has been with the device since I first owned it.  Wifi is on, BT is on but not connected.  One or two phone calls a DAY,  50 texts. All but a couple of apps are blocked in the background.  Since switching batteries to another, it is now lasting 18 hours with heavy usage yesterday (Hour on the phone, lots of surfing)

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Hows the signal in your area?  I do notice when I have low coverage it chews the battery up.  Do you have more than 4 apps running in the background? 4 or less is recommended.  There are a few battery apps like Battery Performance (free trial) http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=de5eaaa2-7086-400d-be1b-44c69144c0a2 that you can install and see what percentage per hours is being consumed.

0 Likes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Signal strength could not be better.  Transceiver should be running on low power.  I really think the battery is of poor quality. I am testing an aftermarket battery, and it works great. Same size, and came with an external charger.  Two batteries for $18.  We'll see how they work in weeks to come.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kyderr, thanks for all of your efforts. When the battery life on your device depletes faster than often, it's normally because applications are running in the background of your phone. I totally understand your hesitation to master reset your phone. However, master resetting it removes any potential software issue caused by a third party application. Try uninstalling a few applications and deleting unwanted information like text messaging threads, call history, and e-mails from your phone. I trust that these steps will improve the performance of your device. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your note. But if this was true, a new battery would not make the dramatic difference that it has.   Plus a master reset is unnecessary to shut down applications in the background.  I have already done that without improvement to battery life. I spoke to Technical support after an extended time on hold, and I was able to secure a replacement battery under warranty.  It should be here soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information kyderr and glad you were shipped a replacement battery. Batteries can wear down over time depending on usage.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes