Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Battery dies with almost no warning...OS problem?
sellular

I've had this 822 for over a year now, with 2 (free) replaced batteries in that time (would just stop charging completely, cycling through a black screen with a question mark, the nokia screen, and then blackness, over and over, and then overheating.)

A few months ago, I decided to back myself up by getting a second battery, and since then, BOTH batteries haven't had this problem yet, although sometimes I have a hard time getting the phone to connect to the cable through my computer.. it just connects-disconnects-connects-disconnects over and over again, and loudly.  If I plug it into my desktop at work, no problems, and if I plug it into the wall, no problems. This is not the main problem.

The problem is, once I get a full charge, and start using it, it'll start draining fairly normally... and once it hits around 60%, it gives me the warning that my battery is almost dead, and 2 seconds later just shuts off. Like, if I play a game during my commute, this can happen within an hour of a full charge. It doesn't visably go down to 30% and start conserving energy, or give me 10 minutes like it used to, just literally 10-30 seconds tops.

If it was just one of the batteries, I'd say it was the battery itself, but it seems that the OS is not draining properly. I downloaded a different battery app than the one that came with the nokia, and it doesn't say anything different.. just somewhere between 60-50%, it just crashes. Thankfully I always have the second battery, but if I'm on a longer trip, I can't last more than 2 hours without plugging in, if I play any games, music, or heavy emailing/facebooking/cnn reading.

Any ideas? Anyone have a similar problem and had it fixed? I really love how the windows OS looks and moves, and I'll be broken hearted when my 22 months is up and I have to switch back to a droid, but between this and the lack of apps being made, i'm getting pretty tired of this windows phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes