Bestbuy has trophy dummy phone on display
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Here is the link looks like real soon. Now I have to decide if it's worth selling my Verizon iPhone to get windows phone. Here is the link on the info http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Trophy-dummy-put-on-display-at-a-Best-Buy-store-hints-at-inevitab...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bestbuy has trophy dummy phone on display
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Grimmer 74,

Thank you for your your interest in HTC Trophy phone. We respect the desire of wanting to know a release date of this device as well as others who may also inquiry.  This reply is not meant to disappoint you or others but to simply state that we are not able to provide a release date on the HTC Trophy phone. This is because of not wanting to set an expectation that cannot be met. We always try our best to refer our customers to a link at our web site as the official place to check if and when a certain device will become available. The link is: http://search.vzw.com/?market=53520&q=email+alerts&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BKsInBarre

Just called Verizon and of course they told me that they have nothing on the release of this device but should look at 3rd party sites and blogs.  This is without a doubt proof that This Thursday is the Sweet Spot Day,.. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
WP7SmartPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

BKsInBarre wrote:

Just called Verizon and of course they told me that they have nothing on the release of this device but should look at 3rd party sites and blogs.  This is without a doubt proof that This Thursday is the Sweet Spot Day,.. Smiley Happy

This is the answer that I get from Verizon every time that I go to a store and ask about something they don't yet have released.  I swear that they tell their employees they will be fired if they talk about anything that isn't visible on their store shelves.  They often don't even know what the on-line site is offering.  I have had an employee tell me Verizon doesn't have a phone and it is available on-line already, on their own Web site.

There are starting to be enough indications that I am almost getting optimistic about the release Thursday.  Still not holding my breath though.  Verizon has handled this whole product and lunch really poorly.  I can understand early on when CDMA was delayed.  But Verizon kept saying that they would be ready to go when Microsoft had the OS ready.   I wonder how long some of those Microsoft employees have been waiting for phones after putting down their money? 

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

lets face it, verizon wants it to fail....  what they dont get is they are providing a service, a service we can get from other places....

0 Likes
Grimmr74

Because this isnt that big of a deal. When the iphone came out, i saw it consistently on billboards, on buses, on tv, in print. For a track record that microsoft has, "I think" Verizon just doesnt need windows phone as much as windows phone needs verizon. WP7 just isnt getting the type of hype that has Verizon "iphoning" for it

Iphoning - verb - (eye-fone-kneen) - "to have an overwheling excitement for a product, driven by every other person having one"

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ericreinhardt wrote:
Here is the link looks like real soon. Now I have to decide if it's worth selling my Verizon iPhone to get windows phone. Here is the link on the info http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Trophy-dummy-put-on-display-at-a-Best-Buy-store-hints-at-inevitab...

I saw this around 10:30 am today.  I got into my car and drove straight to my local Worst Buy, hoping that they'd made the same mistake, but alas, I did not get to view the greatness...

0 Likes
StillLearnin

I don't want to bring you guys down but, I just went back to look at the specs in the Consumer Guide for Winter 2011 and it's gone. The only official evidence of WP7 coming to VZW.

The original link redirects to the Spring/Summer guide which is just iPharts.

http://eguide.vzw.com/2011-winter-consumer/

I see a pattern developing here, and it doesn't look good.

I can see all of us 6 months from now complaining about when will we ever get the 7.5 update.

If they're not going to have an LTE capable WP7 device, I'm running out of reasons to keep waiting. I have a family plan with 2 new phones in the last 6 months. It will cost me a few hundred to terminate the contracts, but I'm paying over $200 a month now, so it's really not much of a deterrent.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

StillLearnin wrote:

I don't want to bring you guys down but, I just went back to look at the specs in the Consumer Guide for Winter 2011 and it's gone. The only official evidence of WP7 coming to VZW.

The original link redirects to the Spring/Summer guide which is just iPharts.

http://eguide.vzw.com/2011-winter-consumer/

No, it's still listed.  They didn't change the booklet.  You have to turn the page.

0 Likes
StillLearnin

Ahh, I was having trouble with flash and IE9 wanting to recover the page at home so I couldn't turn pages. I see it now.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

If you ask me, their booklet isn't bery intuitive to begin with.

0 Likes