Blu Win HD LTE
ristic

Blu Win HD LTE Unlocked $200! Woruld it work on Verizon Wireless? It is GSM phone, not CDMA, but my 928 has GSM SIM card and works in Europe, so why not???

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blu Win HD LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Price is always an important factor for me as well, ristic. As Snn5 mentioned, the device will only work on our network if it is a Verizon branded device.

Our devices are unlocked to be used on an active plan with us in order to make international traveling easier.

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
What better way to enjoy the power of Verizon Wireless network than with an approved Verizon Wireless device. While the Blu Win HD LTE may not work on our network, we have several devices available that will. May I ask what features interests you on this device? Also, do you currently have an active Verizon Wireless mobile number? As you share the details then we can explore options together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ristic

Thank you for your answer. The feature that interests me on that device is the Price. Again, $200 unlocked. No contract... I have a 928 in addition to couple of iPhones for my kids, I am three weeks away from upgrade date and my 928 is bricked.. So why can't I just get a straight up technical answer from anyone at Verizon (the guy on the phone after 20 minutes of 'research' and having me on hold, said Yes, I could, but I would not get full LTE??? That makes no sense...

Went into the Microsoft Store today and tried putting in my GSM SIM card from 928 but it can't find the network... Is that because VZW does only CDMA domestically? Or just for Authentication? Can anything be done? Thanks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

US and European GSM carriers use different bands and frequencies.  Verizon is a CDMA LTE network, not GSM.  It MIGHT be possible to use a phone meant for one network on another, however, the use of the phone will be severely limited even though Verizon CAN use limited GSM freq/bands in Global mode on some phones.  You need to use a Verizon-branded phone on Verizon's network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Price is always an important factor for me as well, ristic. As Snn5 mentioned, the device will only work on our network if it is a Verizon branded device.

Our devices are unlocked to be used on an active plan with us in order to make international traveling easier.

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes