Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Bluetooth Static
emorrwin

Has anyone had an issue with static over their bluetooth audio?  I use my Nokia Lumia 928 in my car and play audio through my bluetooth quite alot.  I switched over to a Windows Phone 8 from an Android phone.  My previous phone did not have any static issues.  It sounds like I blew out my speakers in my truck, but if I play music from a CD or the radio or Sirius XM I do not have the static issue.  It's static at the mid- to high range frequencies, like the snare drum sounds, for example.  I tried my phone over another bluetooth device and had the same static issue.  I tried other bluetooth devices in my truck and they had no static.  I treid messing around with volume settings on both the phone and the bluetooth in the truck, with no difference. The phone has all updates installed.  SO I called Verizon Customer Service and they felt as I did, that it was a hardware issue, and sent me a replacement.  My replacement Lumia 928 has the same static issue over bluetooth.  So now I am thinking it is a software issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Static
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You bring up a great point, emorrwin. It may very well be a software concern, but I don't want to keep replacing it if that is the case.  I didn't see any other reports of this particular problem, but it is something that we can refer to HTC to investigate and test. They would want to know what type of car it is. I'm assuming the audio works well on regular bluetooth. I'm also curious to know if you have tried it another car as well. I look forward to your response.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
emorrwin

I called the company who makes the Bluetooth I installed in my truck. It's a Bluefusion, by Schoshe. I went through their troubleshooting but that didn't help. They said they didn't have any issues with Windows Phone 8 that they knew of. I have tried my Nokia Lumina 928 through Bluetooth in another car, and I had the same static issue.  I have seen on other online forums that other people are having Bluetooth static issues with their Nokia windows 8 phones. But they are at the same point I am at. A software issue. Thanks for your help.

>>Email headers and content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   Please remove personal information before posting. <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Cipher9

I am also having the same experience with my Lumia 928.  I have a Kenwood Bluetooth cd player, KDC-BT945U, in my vehicle and I also here static when I play music over Bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Cipher9,

Let's look in to this! When did the problem begin?  Have you tried to unpair and repair the device? What is your current software version:http://vz.to/19It82Q ? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes