Calendar in Spanish...
jackburton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone having issues with their calendar language.  My phone is set to English, but when I go to the monthly view of my calendar, all the activities are in Spanish.  Is this a software glitch, or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calendar in Spanish...
illuminati
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, I've noticed this too. Too small for me to actually really read what it says, but it's definitely not English. Kind of a funny bug in the OS.

0 Likes
jackburton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply!  Yep that is exactly whats happening on my phone.  It is good to know it's a bug and not a setting hidden somewhere I missed.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

wouldn't you prefer it be a setting so you could just change it to english? lol...just curious.

0 Likes
jackburton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ha!  Yes and no.  Yes, because I could fix it.  No, because that would mean I spent an hour researching, found nothing, and figured it was a bug.  Finding out it was a setting would make me wrong, and I like being right!  Smiley Happy

AZSALUKI
Legend

i do too, but in this case i think i'd rather be wrong, and have a calendar in english....lol

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Hahaha! You guys are funny! It is LATIN. It isn't actually meant to be read but because of the sheer screen pixel density you can unfortunately read it. It is used to represent an appointment and has nothing to do with your appointment. Some of it translates to phrases like, "class silent" or "need to suspend". Equate it to the "Lorem ipsum" used in design. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Considering the Modern UI is based off "Swedish Design" it makes sense from their point of view.

0 Likes