Can I go from smartphone back to basic and drop the data plan. Do i need a new phone.
DeeErik

My bill is way too high.   I never use the internet, etc. anymore.  I only call, text, and use the camera.  I do send the pictures to people/my personal email.  Can I do that on a basic phone?  I need to leave my son's phone as a smartphone.  it's just the two of us on the plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I go from smartphone back to basic and drop the data plan.  Do i need a new phone.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can probably find a good used basic phone on swappa, or eBay, or possibly a friend has one unused they can loan or sell you.  If there is currently a smartphone on the line, then a data plan is required, so to drp the data plan you'd need a basic phone on the line.

You can send pictures via text messaging to an email address without a data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I go from smartphone back to basic and drop the data plan.  Do i need a new phone.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can probably find a good used basic phone on swappa, or eBay, or possibly a friend has one unused they can loan or sell you.  If there is currently a smartphone on the line, then a data plan is required, so to drp the data plan you'd need a basic phone on the line.

You can send pictures via text messaging to an email address without a data plan.

0 Likes