Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I replace the battery on my Lumia 928?
Goza

I have a Lumia 929 and love it. After 2 years, my battery is getting weak and will only hold a charge for about 8 hours of use. Do I have to get the battery replaced at a Verizon store or can I do it myself. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Battery Replacement
primortal

Replacing a "hard wired" battery isn't for the faint heart.  If you take it to a Verizon store they will not replace the battery but give you a refurbished one.  You can also try a Microsoft Store; but you most likely get a refurbished phone as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Verizon cannot replace it and it isn't advised that the user should either.  It is a sealed case and a reputable smartphone repair shop or manufacturer should handle this process.

0 Likes
primortal

Replacing a "hard wired" battery isn't for the faint heart.  If you take it to a Verizon store they will not replace the battery but give you a refurbished one.  You can also try a Microsoft Store; but you most likely get a refurbished phone as well.

0 Likes