Can I skip the mailbox info for voice mail?
Dawnvk

I HATE checking voice mail because before I can get to what is often a 2 second message, I first have to listen to the computer tell me the date, time, length, phone number and who knows what else. Is there a way to set up voice mail to not give all that unless you press the key for it or at least skip to the actual message?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Skip mailbox info in voice mail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into the voicemail preferences and turn off the envelope information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Skip mailbox info in voice mail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into the voicemail preferences and turn off the envelope information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can I skip the mailbox info for voice mail?
SunGodAZ1

on iphone 11, you cannot change the "envelope" settings.  to avoid the date time, phone number being read out-loud, you need to use the iphone app to retrieve voice messages.  bottom right icon.  listening to voicemails this way goes right to the voice message.  if you access voicemails through the keypad, by pressing and holding "1" you will hear the extra info, every time, and there's no administrative option to make it stop.

0 Likes
dlsmcfall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm new to iphone had an android i'm not following your solution "use the iphone app" what does it look like?

0 Likes
dlsmcfall
Enthusiast - Level 1

i found it nevermind!

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes