Can anyone help me find a highly functional calendar app for the Nokia 928?
ramroot

I can't believe I can't find a calendar that will do recurring meetings at intervals I want to set (custom). I have a 15 yr. old Palm Pilot with a more functional calendar than what I can find for my Lumia 928. This phone can't access Google Play, which eliminates some good possibilities. Otherwise, I love my phone! Help would  be much appreciated. I've tried Agenda Tiles and Chronos and they aren't good enough.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can anyone help me find a highly functional calendar app for the Nokia 928?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I'm not very familiar with your device, but Google Calendar works for me for recurring events. If there is no app for it, maybe you can access it via their website.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I'm not very familiar with your device, but Google Calendar works for me for recurring events. If there is no app for it, maybe you can access it via their website.

Doc

0 Likes
Can anyone help me find a highly functional calendar app for the Nokia 928?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Doesn't WP8 natively sync with Outlook?  I would think that would be best.  Otherwise, as Doc said, you can use google calendar and sync it through the settings.

0 Likes
ramroot

Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately, I don't think either will work for me. As I understand, Google will no longer support updates to Windows, so it would be hard to maintain that option. As far as the sync to Outlook, my work calendar on Outlook is protected by a firewall, so the phone can't access it. I don't use Outlook at home, so I am back to square one. Any other good options out there? but thanks much for your suggestions.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I haven't done a ton of research on it, but with the latest update, the 928 was supposed to maintain that functionality.

0 Likes
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

ramroot wrote:

Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately, I don't think either will work for me. As I understand, Google will no longer support updates to Windows, so it would be hard to maintain that option. As far as the sync to Outlook, my work calendar on Outlook is protected by a firewall, so the phone can't access it. I don't use Outlook at home, so I am back to square one. Any other good options out there? but thanks much for your suggestions.

GDR2 includes support for Google's CalDAV so if you have the latest update you should be good to go.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ramroot wrote:

...   As I understand, Google will no longer support updates to Windows, so it would be hard to maintain that option.  Does Google calendar work for what you need to do NOW, and other apps don't?  In that case, I would use Google calendar, until it doesn't work, and keep looking in the meantime.  No updates doesn't necessarily mean it stops working, it just doesn't get updated, and if it does work, then, well, it works.

I see options for recurring events at every day, every weekday, every Wednesday (weekly), every 28th (monthly), every August 28th (yearly).  Google calendar does have more flexible options for recurring events.

0 Likes
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried http://calendar.live.com ? It uses your Microsoft account and syncs perfectly with the phone.  Customizable recurring events also.

0 Likes
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might also look at Iconical and Simple Calendar both in the store..

0 Likes
ramroot

yes, that actually works, thanks. I did some tests and it is currently syncing from my Google calendar. Thanks for everyone's help.

0 Likes