Can't RECEIVE picture messages
Berl

I used to be able to send and receive picture mail without issue, but recently that's changed. I'm not sure when the problem started (obviously because I can't tell when someone is trying to send me a picture if I don't receive it). I can send/receive text messages, but for some reason, pictures never get through to me anymore. I've tried "power cycling" my phone by removing the battery and putting back, checking my blocked features, going through my settings, but I haven't been able to solve the problem. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't RECEIVE picture messages
Berl

I am able to send pics.

0 Likes
keith701a

I had this issue too when I bought mine. I brought it into a Verizon store. All they did was set data roaming options to "on" and selected "use celluar data" for limited wifi connectivity. It is probably the roam option. This is under the cellular settings.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture texts won't send/receive over wi-fi; your cellular data needs to be turned on.

0 Likes
Can't RECEIVE picture messages
Berl

I'm not sure if that was the problem but it seems to have fixed itself. Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Berl, thanks for providing the details of your picture messaging issue. I'm stepping in to assist you. I recommend that you delete any unwanted text messaging threads from your device and then power it off/on. This is a soft reset of your picture messaging feature. Keep us posted, we're here to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
jroberts0709

i was having a similar issue. i think i may have found the issue. if you have ever had the Verizon message plus app installed to your phone number i think this can cause this issue. i recently re-downloaded the app and deactivated all devices on my account and restarted my phone seems to be working now but we will see. i was having the same issue where randomly friends with androids would text me a photo or even sometimes just text message i would not receive it. however they were showing up in the Verizon message plus app. i hope this helps.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes