Can't access calendar after 8.1 update
skjer

I have an HTC Windows Phone 8x and I finally got the 8.1 update we've all been waiting for. Unfortunately, now I can't access my calendar. Normally I have a Live tile that lets me access it, but that tile disappeared. I figured there must be some "new and improved" way to access my calendar, but after reading up on the 8.1 update, I have no clue. I tried deleting my Exchange email account and re-adding it, thinking it will now sync the calendar and make it appear on my phone, but that didn't work. And the phone doesn't let me delete my Windows Live email account (which is the other calendar that I can normally sync to my phone). I have gone through every menu option on my phone to see if there's something I'm missing, but there are zero options related to calendar. Supposedly, when you set up your email accounts, the calendars should just sync automatically. And that IS what happened prior to 8.1. So what's going on? Anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't access calendar after 8.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skjer,

You definitely should have your calendar available on the 8X! I'd be lost without my calendar. Let's get that back for you. Is the calendar option available through your applications menu to add back as a tile? http://vz.to/1Eyq8ES It should be listed under C if we go tothe full apps list.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skjer

No, it's not a tile issue. The calendar option is not available through my applications menu, or anywhere else on my phone. That's why I thought if I deleted my email account and then added it back in, that the calendar functionality would magically reappear. But no such luck. I ended up having to go to the app store and buy a third-party calendar app just to get SOME calendar to appear on my phone.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get your phone back to normal! If the application has disappeared there may have been a corruption during the upgrade. I would suggest a factory reset be completed at this point: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-66350/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes