Re: Can't send MMS - Lumia Icon 929
cunningorb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed this by using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to flash the original software. After 8.1 was freshly installed i sent myself a picture message, it went through.

I  upgraded from there all the way to 10.0.15063.414 with no issues. I think something must have gotten fudged up with the apn settings that caused all this in the first place.

0 Likes
DustinT12

@EricaC_VZW there is no further updates available from Verizon on this device. Going into Settings and requesting Check for Updates indicates the device is up to date. I'm not certain what updates you're referring to.

cunningorb​ I may have to do that. I was trying to avoid but it appears that may be my only option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably the Win 10 update that was issued for this model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DustinT12

Ann154​ I found some articles about how to update this model to Windows 10 but it's rather involved. Since Verizon isn't pushing the update down to my phone, I'm reluctant to go that route. Thanks though!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your hard work so far, DustinT12. It’s important that you’re able to send & receive MMS messages. The next step would be to complete a factory data reset on the device. Here’s how: http://spr.ly/65828WVvK

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DustinT12

@JosephE_VZW  Thanks for the suggestion. I'm one step ahead of you. I did that two nights ago and I can now confirm that I'm able to send and receive MMS messages! It's been a bit of pain to reinstall my apps and settings, but worth it in order to regain the functionality. This case can now be closed. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nice work @JosephE_VZW! We're very glad to hear that you're now able to send and receive MMS messages. I do understand about having to re-install your apps and reset your device's settings and I agree it's worth it to do so to gain functionality. I apologize for the inconvenience. We thank you for your time, patience, and troubleshooting assistance too. We also thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer! If there is anything else we can assist you with please visit us at: http://vz.to/2mirAc5. - RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes