Can't send mms on the 8x after the recent 8.1 update
OFurtad

Can't send mms on the 8x after the recent 8.1 update.  Sms is ok, and I can receive mms.  I get the all to familiar "can't send message try again" message, though rebooting, deleting the thread and flipping airplane mode on/off aren't helping.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send mms on the 8x after the recent 8.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes, software updates are meant to improve your service OFurtad. Let's get to the bottom of your messaging concerns. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have already taken. Have you tried to remove the SIM card and reinsert back into the device?  Do you have many third party applications installed in the device?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
OFurtad

I tried removing/reinserting the SIM, but that didn't help.

I do not have many 3rd party apps on this device.

Plenty of storage left on the phone (1.5 GB out of 15 GB)

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
chathamdan

I am also experiencing this same problem with sending or receiving MMS messages.  I have an HTC 8X with the latest release of Windows 8.1 and the latest HTC firmware.

This problem seems to be widely reported on other Windows devices with different carriers.  Many of the resolutions to the problem involve manually setting the SMS APN values, but that is not available under SETTINGS/CELLULAR + SIM/SIM SETTINGS.

>> Attachment removed by Verizon Moderator due to personal information to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having these issues OFurtad. Thanks for the troubleshooting you've tried. If the issue persists it may be a conflict between the app and software. Try a hard reset here's how: http://bit.ly/1DrmNrz

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chathamdan

I figured out my MMS problem and am somewhat stumped or embarrassed.  I logged into my Verizon account and discovered that "Block Picture and Video Messaging" had been activated for my phone.  What has me stumped is that I'm 99% sure that I had never made that change myself and it seems to have activated at the same time as when I installed the 8.1 update.

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

At least you got your problem fixed Smiley Happy, back when I had the Palm Treo 700 series windows phone, this happened. Those were the days, haha

0 Likes