Can't send photos---help!
catholicmama

Hi I upgraded last night to the Lumia 928 and so far, with the exception of the size, love it just as much as my old Lumia 822(?). Anyway I have not been able to send picture texts with this phone. Any help would be great! Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send photos---help!
catholicmama

I should also mention that after a second of trying to send a note appears below the message that says "Can't send: Media content in this message" or "Can't send message". Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

Two suggestions go to the device makers support pages or forum and see what others have done. Or go to http://www.Microsoft.com and check out their help forum for your solution since it is a windows device.

In android devices it normally is the size of the photo or video that stops you from sending. If you can reduce the size of the media and try again and see if that helps.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Do you know if your Lumina is running Amber or the Black updates?

To check go to settings:

System

Then scroll down to extras+info.

0 Likes
catholicmama

It says Amber

<< Personal information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Black is the latest version. Probably wouldn't hurt to update to it.

To update make sure your phone is fully charged and on Wi-Fi

Then on your phone go to settings, Phone update and touch the check for updates.

It should detect that your out of date then ask you if you want to update.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

catholicmama wrote:

I should also mention that after a second of trying to send a note appears below the message that says "Can't send: Media content in this message" or "Can't send message". Thanks

The highlighted part of your post leads me to believe you may have wifi on and cellular (mobile ) data OFF when trying to send.  MMS (multi media messages) will not send over wifi; your mobile data needs to be enabled even though it will all count as text messages, not data.  Confusing, yes, but the way it is.

0 Likes
CMAbbott

SuzyQ..before my phone received the kitkat update, I ALWAYS was able to send and receive MMS messages with Wi-Fi ON and mobile data plan OFF.  You may want to double check your facts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CMAbbott,

Although multi-media messages are billed separate from other types of data it does use our mobile data network to transmit images. There are other applications that you can use to send pictures over Wi-Fi. If you are having trouble with picture messages specifically, try enabling the mobile data and retest.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes