Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Can the Nokia ICON access LTE outside the country?
r3dl1n3

Ok Here is my problem.. I Have an Icon and I am out of the country on work for 6 Months. I put my (outside) provides SIM card in the icon and it works but I am not getting LTE, I only see 3G. I know the provider is using is using the LTE AWS 1700/2100 (LTE Band 4) that's the same as the Verizon network (at least from the spec sheets)

Is the Icon somehow Locked to not use LTE with a different providers SIM IE only allow 3G

if so does Verizon "Unlock" this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Nokia ICON LTE access outside the country
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

r3dl1n3,

What a great question. The phone is already unlocked. We encourage you to reach out to the cell provider that you got the SIM card from for further assistance.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Nokia ICON LTE access outside the country
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

r3dl1n3,

What a great question. The phone is already unlocked. We encourage you to reach out to the cell provider that you got the SIM card from for further assistance.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes