Re: Cant get Cyan update? Then switch carriers!
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Being called a name isn't what defines "online bullying" or "cyber bullying".  If you can't handle a five letter word because you post the same stuff on every Cyan post on this site, that speaks to how you handle yourself.  Do something to dis spell the reputation, not feed it.  Being defensive about it isn't proactive to rid yourself of the reputation.

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

I certainly won't be switching phone OS, but this is an interesting read:  ​Why have I given up on Windows Phone? Blame Verizon | ZDNet

Verizon deserves the blame in full here.

OldPirate
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought my ICON the day it was released by Verizon.  Prior to doing that I had called the Verizon number on their website and was told the ICON was their flagship windows phone and would be sold with Windows 8, but would get Windows Phone 8.1 as soon as Microsoft released it.  As everyone knows that was on July 15 of this year.  What I was told on the phone by Verizon was repeated to me at two different stores and I finally bought it based on that information and also deciding to stay with Verizon.  I have been with them all the way back to the days of Alltel.

I still don't have it from Verizon and now depending on who I talk to they either say they can't guarantee me I'll ever get it or maybe by February.

I have owned Apple, my wife owns a Galaxy 5 running Android.  I'm still convinced Windows Phone 8.1 for what I do is the best system out there.  If only Verizon would have told me that Windows 8.1 was not going to be a priority for them I could have happily gone somewhere else.

I called them twice on Tuesday.  The first lady was nice and promised to call me back with more information.  Never heard from her.

So I called back and got a young man who was nice enough until I told him I wanted a timeframe I could depend on or I wanted some kind of opportunity to exchange what I bought from Verizon to something that would actually allow me to have 8.1 now.  He politely said he couldn't do either.  So I asked to speak to a supervisor.  He told me three times that they were all busy so finally I asked him if he could have a supervisor call me back.  He said that was not possible.

So I became a bit more enraged and engaged and suddenly a supervisor was available to talk.

She was nice and I apologized up front to her for any anger I may be emitting for I realize she did nothing to cause my frustration, but I have waited patiently since July 15th.  She listened very politely and told me that she could see activity in their note system about this being released for the ICON, but no dates.  I asked her two questions.

How long, in her opinion, would be reasonable for me to wait on the upgrade before I made the call again.  She said, Feb. 1.  I will be patient on that.

I then asked if there was any way I could trade phones at some discount with Verizon so I could get 8.1 now.  She said she didn't have that authority, but technical may and she would transfer me there if I wished.  I thanked her and told her I was appreciative of her time.  She took my number again just to make sure if I got cut off while being transferred to technical that they could call me back.

That was Tuesday.  I got a text from Verizon asking me to do a survey on how my service call was handled, but never have I heard from the first lady or from technical in the second case.

Either the employees of Verizon really don't know what is going on,  or Verizon has no real concerns about customers as long as their bill is paid.

At the first opportunity to leave Verizon I am, but I have multiple phones and devices under contract with them and realistically can't move for a year.  But that gives me a year to warn everyone I meet about how Verizon treats existing phone owners.

I am very disappointed with Verizon and at some point will express it to my state's attorney general.

Not applicable

The problem is you equate the bullying you received (physical) as being your definition of it.

Many states have passed laws defining not just physical abuse, but emotional abuse and verbal abuse.

(Although the name troll does not bother me ) such connotations could be construed as emotional or verbal abuse. We must always take a step back and remember if we would like to be treated that way.

To stay on topic posting on any forum post is not trolling. It is giving a different opinion or stance.

I appreciate how you worry about me, but I do as I must when I desire to do so.

Have a nice morning.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The article is just a basically spot on.  At this point VZW should just stop selling Window Phone devices and dedicate their time to Andriod and Apple....

Though there is a small (and I mean very small) hope that they are working on Denim also and will release both.

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Again, not sure why I am repeating myself, the stuff on this forum that I have seen involving at least two of you, doesn't constitute verbal or emotional abuse in the context of bullying.  We get the reputations we earn.

Hence, Verizon, too, has earned a bit of a reputation HERE that doesn't make them seem above-board as a company.  That is why people that defend them here while people are trying to vent isn't going to do anyone any good, as it simply leads to argument, as you have seen repeatedly.

Good luck in undoing the perception.

jeffindayton
Enthusiast - Level 3

this is the first time EVER, I have not renewed my contract and purchased a new phone as soon as I could do so at the 2 year contract price. I do not see any premium Windows Phones I am interested in NOR am I impressed with verizons support. If the situation does not improve very soon my 4 lines are going elsewhere.

pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

jeffindayton wrote:

this is the first time EVER, I have not renewed my contract and purchased a new phone as soon as I could do so at the 2 year contract price. I do not see any premium Windows Phones I am interested in NOR am I impressed with verizons support. If the situation does not improve very soon my 4 lines are going elsewhere.

Amen. No point in committing yourself to subsidize everyone else's equipment if your company doesn't want to support the equipment you were subsidized for. The only reason I stuck with VZW was so i could get shiny new subsidized device every couple years. If I bring my own equipment, do I get a discount? Nope.

Not applicable

No one asked you to repeat yourself. I know I didn't nor does it matter if you do so or not.

Simply the definition you gave was incomplete and erroneous. No argument when I already told you the "Bullying" argument is not really valid. Bullying takes many forms.

Forums like this are a HELP forum. Not a vent and start an argument thread. As a person who comes here to vent, I as another customer have the right to vent or respond back to that rant. It really is that simple.

You can use the psychology of "why respond back"? in the same venue " why not"? I am reading the venting or the rant and since it is publicly posted I reply back when it suits me.

It takes just one person to change perceptions. Then others will follow or not.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

"It takes just one person to change perceptions. Then others will follow or not."

Um, you realize that you have to change the way people see you (and especially TBits) yourself, right?  People perceive you guys a certain way because of YOUR actions.  That doesn't make their perceptions entirely correct, but the only person who can change that is you.  To many, perception is reality.  I don't see you as big of a problem starter, so to speak, or as defensive as the other guy who comments on every Cyan post as you seem to, but you earn your own reputation.  Others don't assign it to you for others to follow.  Didn't Michael Jackson sing that you have to start with "the man in the mirror"?  And aren't you glad I just got that song stuck in your head?  Smiley Happy