Re: Cant get Cyan update? Then switch carriers!
windowsphoneuser2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Remember

They are withholding the update because it doesn't work with their proprietary apps! This has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Sent from my Windows Phone

BigBearacuda
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's good to see that they at least don't want one of us to leave Verizon. Ironically you didn't even respond to the original person who posted or to any of the rest of us. @pa2k4p you must have a bigger account then me because I have been trying for weeks to get a response and nothing. Congratulations!

Not applicable

windowsphoneuser2014 wrote:

Remember

They are withholding the update because it doesn't work with their proprietary apps!  This has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Find any proof of that "app" statement. It was recalled back to Microsoft. Under quality conditions. At no time was any statement from Microsoft or Verizon stating it was Verizon's App's.

Could have been a bad or faulty build by Microsoft.

It does not help to spread false information.

Wait patiently it may come.

0 Likes
penterax
Enthusiast - Level 3

You seriously bought that line?

The CS rep did nothing but shunt it to "Are you having a problem we can help you with?" in an effort to try to dodge the issue.

A REAL response would provide information we need. If the CS rep doesn't have that info then he/she/it shouldn't bother to post. It just looks like another snow job. Which it is.

We are asking for one of two things here:

1) The update to Cyan, or, if that isn't ready, if Verizon doesn't feel confident enough to offer a date as to when it will be ready, then

2) The reasons for the delay. If they really wanted to be honest they could tell us what the issues are and produce an actual timetable showing us when the ball was in their hands and when it was in Microsoft's hands. They could talk about what specifically doesn't work. They could demonstrate what is different about Verizon's service that makes it so much harder to fix than ATT's service.

We're talking 5 months here. ATT released Cyan weeks after Microsoft did. There is simply no reason other than incompetence for the delay to last this long. Verizon needs to acknowledge they dropped the ball and demonstrate to us with facts that they've picked it up again and are really on a time-appropriate schedule for getting Cyan to its customers.

Anything but a release date or actual, factual information is a meaningless gesture designed purely to appease the customers without actually making any effort to help them.

And of course we have to wonder - if it takes us 6 months to get Cyan, how long will it take to get Win 10? What about future updates?

Not applicable

The other two providers use GSM.

Verizon uses CDMA. That could be the problem. Quite possible the new change over to that new LTE standard could be why it was sent back to Microsoft. A whole lot better reason than that crazy APP theory. Don't you think?

Nice post by the way.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We don't want to see you leave our family pa2k4p. We do our best to provide updates as soon as we receive them from the manufacture but we also want to make sure they will work the best. Are you having any issues with your phone we can address?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Due to VZW incompetence in testing this release back in 07/15/2014 (Windows Phone 8.1 | Verizon Wireless) I have the following issues:

In not testing the release back on 7/15/2014 you've created a delay in released functionality that can be used now during the holiday season and beyond.  This is unprofessional at best and you should be ashamed of yourselves.  It is unprofessional for a company of your size.

You apparently have no problem testing and approving Apple's iOS on time.  Could you imaging if you delayed iOS 8 for this long....  All customers and devices should be treated equally....

lsljr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is going to loose the 3 phones on my account as well as my mothers phone and the 2 on my sisters account.  Why hasn't the windows update been pushed out yet.  They are the last carrier to release it.  How come when Apple pushes an update they let it go right on through?  Is it because Verizon doesn't have any of their lame apps on the iPhone.  The contracts come due in May and we are finished.  The other carriers offer the same service in the areas we need coverage, Verizon doesn't care about its Windows customers so if they don't care about me I will go to a carrier that supports the Windows OS properly!!  Good Riddance Verizon!!!

eschinger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe there were some quirks that had to be fixed by Microsoft.  No phone OS release is going to be perfect. 

If we're perfectly honest, Verizon could easily find something to nitpick in every release if they really would rather avoid upgrading the phone as again no phone will be 100% bug free.  I do find it hard to believe that there are any catastrophic bugs with the release as we have numerous users on the developer preview and things work great. 

It's hard to take Verizon's excuse about testing seriously when they have no problem allowing new iOS versions on their network on day one and every recent .0 version of a new iOS version has been incredibly buggy. 

Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't allow on day one... Apple doesn't release an update unless ALL  their devices are ready. So it looks timely but they could have been done with one weeks ago and just finished the last device 4 weeks later and it would look all "timely" or Verizon allows it at the same time.  It's a nice perception trick.

0 Likes
eschinger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apple completes an update and releases it for all their devices.  Unlike with Windows Phone, Verizon cannot prevent Apple from releasing iOS updates to iOS users.  That is probably the result of the negotiating position Apple had over Verizon when Verizon was getting killed not having the most popular device in the United States.  Luckily for iPhone users that leverage also allows iOS users to avoid being subject to the crapware that Verizon likes to inflict on it's users - there are no Verizon apps installed on iPhones.  Unfortunately for Windows Phone and Android users they didn't have the negotiating clout to avoid Verizon mucking up their phones.  But since Verizon did give in to Apples demands they can no longer make a credible claim that they can't let an OS on their network without extensive months long testing since they do every time a new iOS version is released.