Cell Data and WiFi
ZAdkins

Hello Community,

I have been experiencing a rather big downfall with my 8x lately. I am always connected to WiFi in my house (according to the WiFi icon) but my phone doesn't use WiFi it tries to use my data connection. It's a pain when it comes to apps, Facebook, Pandora, etc. The only way I've gotten it to work is by doing a soft reset and then within 10 minutes my issues occur again.

If there is anymore information you need to know let me know, because this is becoming more of a hassle. I even did a hard reset and still the issue occurs.

Thanks,

Zach

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Cell Data and WiFi
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If it is showing the wifi icon, why do you think it is using mobile data?

0 Likes
Re: Cell Data and WiFi
Tarkus406

I'm having this problem, too. I haven't gotten the error code you've gotten, but I do have to cycle airplane mode on and off to regain WiFi connectivity. The annoying part is, even though the phone shows WiFi is on and connected properly, apps do not update, tiles do not update. If I try to sync anything it tells me I need an internet connection to do so. It's so frustrating! Couple this with the text messages not sending issue and I seriously regret purchasing this HTC product and really wish I could go back and get a 928 instead.

0 Likes