Cellular Data Connection after reboot
pmcdonn1

I have an Nokia ICON and i've noticed that the phone can take over an hour to login to the cellular data network after a reboot. I can make calls and get texts but I cannot do any data functions for a REALLY long time. I never had this problem when I was on an iPhone on Verizon so I know it's not the carrier (or is it?). Anyone else experiencing really long times to connect to the data network?

-Patrick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular Data Connection after reboot
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I will assume that your iPhone was older than the ICON because I would further assume you updated to an ICON from an iPhone, therefore the iPhone was possibly 3G which is not LTE capable. So it is likely that there are LTE issues in your area. Have you called *611 yet to let the tech representative know of your issue? I know things can be frustrating but it is best not to be quick to assume there is a problem with your phone and say that: "I didn't have a problem with my iPhone". The reason I bring that up is because there are already too many people out there that think their platform is the best and at the first sign of issues of another platform just reinforces why their platform is the best. This may not be how you feel, but it best not to even bring your other phone up, because it just adds to issue that keeps people buying iPhones for untrue reasons. People that do this have what is coined: Cognitive Dissonance Denial. I am not saying Windows phone is the best, I actually like Android's OS, but I like the Windows Phone OS's sleekness. But I do believe people need to be a whole lot less harsh on the Windows platform.

0 Likes