Re: Clock Wrong
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Williamsickels23,

We want to help! Is this happening with the Ravine 2 for you as well? Have you tried select Menu > select Setting & Tools > select Phone Settings > select System Select > select Network Mode > highlight CDMA Mode and select? If you have and it's still not working, I'd make sure the software is correct. To do so, select Menu > select Setting & Tools > select Phone Info > select SW/HW version > view software version.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Big_Dougy

This seems to be a common problem as it has also happened twice to me since receiving the phone for Christmas, 2013.  I'm surprised action has not been taken on one of the software updates to repair this situation.  I specifically wanted this phone because of the luck I had with my Boulder!

0 Likes
Big_Dougy

Does turning the phone off every couple of days really seem to help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your feedback, Big_Dougy.  Allow us to see what we can do to have you on time. Are you also using the Ravine 2? How do you get the correct time back on your phone?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Williamsickels23

As of now, it is in fact keeping the correct time. I believe the CDMA mode change is what ultimately fixed the annoying problem. So far so good, Will update if anything changes.

0 Likes
i8cat

My Casio Ravine 2 also will display incorrect time; it will remain stuck at some hour ... when I first got the phone, it did it often till I followed the  advice here and changed the network setting to CDMA. But it still does it. I find that turning off the phone will reset it, when it is turned back on right away. Also, the software for the phone is supposed to be current, according to  the phone...

0 Likes
pmsspm

My Ravine did this (about one hour 11 minutes) every three weeks and it did this for a couple months then I finally got support to find the answer. After using the *228 and changing to CDMA it hasn't done it for about 8 months. Casio is SUPPOSEDLY WORKING ON A SOFTWARE FIX. LOL. I think Verizon needs to put some heat on them, or threaten to drop their products.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i8cat, we don't want to you to be late to anything! Dial *228 from your device and choose option 2 to update the roaming capabilities on your device. You will then need to power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted and let us know how this works for you. We're standing by to further assist if you need us.

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
i8cat

Done. So now let's see what happens, thanks.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
i8cat

Dang. Today it froze at 4:18 PM...I spotted that after two hours or so...

0 Likes