Re: Clock Wrong
pmsspm

You have to do the *228 thing and then change to the CDMA Mode. That has worked for me since I did it. Verizon should have told everyone with one of these phones to do that without our asking. I have had NO PROBLEM since I did that. I got this info when I called Verizon service line from another phone and they looked at my phone remotely. It works. At least one of their service people knows this.

0 Likes
pmsspm

This does not work. You need to have them change to CDMA Mode. Your support people are the ones who told me how to do this and it has worked for about nine months without a problem.

0 Likes
i8cat

Well, I will try *228 again and the CDMA although I have done both already , will try them together.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello i8cat,

Thanks for trying one more time to get it working. Please let us know if you were able to get the time displaying correctly. If not, we're eager to continue working toward a resolution.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
i8cat

I am not sure it is going to be anything other than a permanent glitch which hopefully wont cost me any appointments. I have a question, what is the procedure for adding another phone to the same account? I mean, I really like the Casio Commando GzOne and wonder if I might put one on this account, using the same number. Sometimes I need this phone but the other has all those apps and functions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello i8cat,

I understand wanting to get the most from your devices. You are able to add an additional line to your account, but this would have its own number. If you would like, you can set up call forwarding so that the calls to the new number will be forwarded to your current number and you can still use both phones. You can add a new line on My Verizon and just select "I already have a device" to add a new number.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lporterusa

I also have a Ravine 2 and it suddenly showed 630 am and the actual time was 900 am!!!! So alarm didn't go off and I nearly missed a live radio show appointment!! Talk about embarrassing and probably not the best PR to go over a live radio broadcast!  I tried everything but had to shut phone off to get correct time, but now I no longer trust it as an alarm clock or even to remind me of appts throughout my day!  So it can show the moon phases and all sorts of other gizmos but cant keep correct time??

Will try the CDMA fix, but except for answering calls, my faith is gone for the lil guy...I downgraded from a Droid specifically for reliability, so bit odd to have something so simple cause such havoc..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Iporterusa!

I use my phone as my alram every day as well. So I know from first hand how important it is to have the phone working so you are not missing important events. Since this issue has happend with the Ravine 2 and you got it back on track with the right time, has it messed up since? Please keep us posted on this concern.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Onry1

Casio G'zOne Commando doing the same thing, woke up late for work tonight @10.36 and phone states 11.36???

0 Likes
pmsspm

KevinR-VZW, don't you think this is a problem that is prevalent and serious enough for Verizon to put some pressure on Casio to get on the ball and do a software upgrade or a fix? I certainly think the expense for this would be worth it in market opinion, keeping a good reputation for Casio and Verizon. You can spread this feel good crap around on the community board all you want but in the end it just becomes a timeline of Verizon's lackadaisical customer service. You have my permission to copy this letter to your boss and your CEO. Sincerely submitted, Paul

0 Likes