Considering HTC 8X: How does everyone like it so far?
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello! I have to decide between the unique and new HTC 8x of go with the safe and steadfast iphone. Any really good advice? People who have used HTC, why do you love or hate it?

I would really love the feedback. The internet is full of conflicting opinions and I want to speak with real users.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Considering HTC 8X: How does everyone like it so far?
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

I love my HTC 8x. I love the Windows Phone 8 UI (user interface). Im coming from an Android. The live tile concept is just amazing and updating in real time is very convenient. Just tonight I was comparing my windows phone 8 with my sister's Android Jelly Been 4.1 and the metro UI for the WP8 is so much nicer and more futuristic looking. The 8x is a gorgeous phone with a design that fits perfect in your hands

With that being said, the 8x has been having certain issues. Some software related and other hardware related, We are expecting to get an update hopefully soon that will fix issues such as poor battery, random reboots, crackling noises from the speakers, sim card errors and other stuff. But these are known issues from very small sample of 8x users. Mine for example, the first 8x I got, died out within 24 hours. I had to get a new one. This second, its been 3 weeks, going fine, without any problems or issues

I believe you should go for it as you will not look back. The Windows Phone 8 experience is refreshing from Android and IOS experience and adds new depth to smart phones. I think you'll like it

0 Likes
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the input! I think it's rather weird that only one person responded to this! This is what makes me feel weird for liking a phone that NOBODY ELSE seems to have! LOL.

I usually "follow the pack" when it comes to technology...admiting I am not a high tech person. HOWEVER, I absolutely LOVE the look of this phone and the UI is just super cool Jetson's looking. (I'm a dork.)

I currently have a Razr M and i really dislike the android system and really hate the verizon bloatware.

Everyone I know keeps telling me to get the iphone. I know I wouldn't hate it. But would I LOVE it? IDK...

So that's why I was looking for feedback.

Thank you for being honest about the bugs as well. I really appreciate it!

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

It is true. Right now the user base for this OS is small. That is the price of being an early adopter. I will copy and paste my review of the device so far for you to read. It is definitely a great phone and OS and I am excited because if it takes off it will go very far!

Here is what I put in my review:
"

went from an iPhone, then 2 Android phones, and now this one. I found myself perplexed at first. The style, the actions, everything seems so different from iOS or Android. At first I was feeling a little out of place overall. After a day it started to grow on me. The little quirks, lack of apps, and differences where uncomfortable...but at the same time I felt like this was really a phone to be excited about and to give it time. After 3 days the little quirks where worth it 100%. There where tons of the RIGHT apps all the sudden. The simplicity and beauty of the overall phone is just astonishing. I find it strange that some people dislike it but I think it is beautiful, fluid, unique, and modern. The apps are less common but the more users the more the Store keeps growing. The actual apps I have noticed are almost all far more dynamic and exciting than their counterparts on other OSs. I keep seeing people freak out about not having Google support but it can hold on its own without Google. I would just say try this phone or even just the Windows Phone 8 OS in general...it can only get better and for being an early adopter you will probably get a lot out of it. They already are giving you perks like a thank you app. I would recommend this 100%

P.S.-The design is striking.
Screen- AMAZING
Camera- Sometimes my shots are crazy good and sometimes not...luckily it is easy to snap several at once.
Battery- Lasts FAR longer than any other phone I have had (I also keep the brightness on full to show off the screen)"

The iPhone has truly turned into a fab instead of something ground breaking so now people just go crazy and act like lemmings. They don't look around and judge everyone else haha...yes when it first came out I would say get one...now I would say why? There are much better options out there! As for bugs I see a lot of people have been having them...I have not yet. If I have they are so far and few that I don't notice (compared to my Android). I am 100% behind this OS and want to see it grow because I know once it gets the user base it will explode! They even have a site where the users VOTE on what they want changed in the OS and they intend on doing so in the next major update. I could keep going and going (I should go work for Windows Phone haha)

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

photo (1).jpg

drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Can't get this classy on an Android or iPhone.

_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Great review

Microsoft definitely has a lot of work to do, but if it keeps innovating it will get better. Google is also being a loser, as they now announced will not support the youtube app or Gmail email syncing in Windows phone. It doesn't also help with Microsoft trying to give Office app to iOS users.

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks!

They really do but I feel like if they keep pushing, more people keep buying, and more educated people like us explain and help people it will grow. Google is just scared. Eventually apps will be made that will circumvent Google regardless of what they want. Also again WITH A BIGGER USER BASE hahaha people will start to get ticked and annoy the crap out of Google until they do something. I am adjusting to not using Google though and it is working. I think with the Office on iOS that is to poke even more at Android because they have such a big market share.

0 Likes
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great review and screen shots! Smiley Happy

You are both helping me out alot! My gut instinct was to go with this phone right away but then I started listening to the Android/iphone cheerleaders and they made me feel like i was being waaaayyy too impulsive. Buy a phone that almost no one else has?? Absurd! LOL!

I think it looks like alot of fun AND intelligent and that's my kinda date!

Looks like I may just be heading out to Verizon in the morning!

0 Likes
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

So does this mean you can't get these 2 apps on the phone?

0 Likes