Contacts gone from Backup Assistant
leastep

My girlfriend's old beloved phone is currently swimming at the bottom of the Charles River in Boston. We just got a new phone today (LG Extravert) but when the lady at the store tried to get her contacts from the backup assistant only 5 showed up. We came back home hoping to find them online but they are not there either! They are not in the trash, so we don't know what to do to retrieve them.

We are trying to recover them and would welcome any help.

My theory is that when the new phone was turned on, the back up assistant somehow backed up the empty phone and erased the old contacts. If this is what actually happened, we were wondering if there is a way to get an older version of her contacts or roll back changes.

The lost phone was an LG Voyager and had back up assistant.

Thank you

-Layla's beloved

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts gone from Backup Assistant
Wildman
Legend

I was hoping your devices was a Android device but it appears not... If it was Android the contacts may have synced to Google Mail but it look like no luck....   I am not sure exactly if you can get them back... 

0 Likes
Re: Contacts gone from Backup Assistant
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Layla's beloved,

I'm glad she was able to get another phone to recover from the swim in the river.  Contacts are very important and I would like to assist.  What type of device did she have prior to the Extravert?  If it is an Android as Wildman mentioned please check her Google account for the contacts.  If the phone was a basic device and the contacts were only backed up via Backup Assistant please DM me your name and her mobile number so I can look into any possible options to recover the contacts.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes