We recently received 2 Windows HTC 8x Phones (one for me and one for my son) and I wanted to sort my contacts (people on this phone) by last name. However it is not working correctly, it seems some contacts get sorted while others do not and the problem is not just on my phone but on my sons as well. I was wondering if there is a quick fix for this or a reason why it would only sort a few contacts.
Example of what my contacts look like now:
Now, these all show up under 'C' but the last names are Ortega, Clark, Coats, and Gilbert so two of those should obviously not be under 'C'.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Were they all inputed by you, or did you import some of these from another source (facebook, another email address, etc.)? It may be that, when imported there is something similar to a formatting issue, possibly the first and last name are not put in seperate fields. I would check how they were entered. Any contacts that are not sorted properly, edit them and move the last name to the appropriate field, if necessary.
Well we had checked those and they all seem to be right. However, all contacts were imported from our old phones (which were not smart phones) and we used the backup Assistant. I can't seem to isolate the difference between the ones that work and the ones that do not work some are linked to facebook/hotmail and some aren't and that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the problem since their information is correct on those and they are on separate lines.